[NEEDS SAVES] [CD] Robot Vacuum getting stuck cleaning

by goldenrosegames

Original Post

Re: Vacuum Cleanor from Pets stop working after platforms

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I had the same problem today but like with any bugged item (food from the BBQ that you can't delete etc) just go into build mode and draw a wall across it. Make sure that bb.moveobjects cheat is OFF! Hope that helps - it's worked for me!

Message 11 of 47 (3,320 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Robot Vacuum getting stuck cleaning

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem. Vacuum will NOT return to dock no matter what I do unless I go to build mode and physically put it there myself after each cleaning. How annoying. 

Message 12 of 47 (3,267 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@goldenrosegames I've had the same problem. It seems to get stuck in areas with limited space (bathroom/foyer). It appears as though it is only "checking" for a path in about a 90 degree arc, not a full 360 degrees.
Message 13 of 47 (3,260 Views)

★★ Pro
@vcollin I always put mine in a closet with double doors. The one time it would not return to dock, it was evidently due to docking bay being too close to the wall - I thought it would make it easier for it to be a half tile from door, but nope. Didn't bother my Sim upgrading it, but the Roomba wanted to be away from that wall and didn't mind the door at all.
Message 14 of 47 (3,255 Views)

★ Novice

I had the same problem, mine would not work cause I had a leash rack hanging over the vacuum I just simply removed the vacuum and.....BOOM  IT WORKED!!!!!!

Message 15 of 47 (3,132 Views)

Re: Robot Vacuum getting stuck cleaning

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm just confused why does this topic have seasons label, when seasons pack doesn't have a vacuum of any kind (I know because I own seasons). I think it should be [CD] for Cats and Dogs, where the vacuum is from, not [S] for (I think) Seasons. Or both [CD] [S], since maybe it's a combo.

Message 16 of 47 (3,113 Views)

★★ Pro
@hockeydoc08 Yep, the leash rack, even when sized down can be a problem. There's also one wall-mounted coatrack that can cause problems for anything underneath.
Message 17 of 47 (3,098 Views)

★★★ Novice
@goldenrosegames It's happening to me too, even when the whole floor is one small empty room with no doors or other objects in the room whatsoever. And no cc/mods either
Message 18 of 47 (2,931 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Even after the update the robot vacuum cleaner still doesn't return to the station. It also does not vacuum the dust rabbits. 

03-07-21_12-58-27 PM.png

Message 19 of 47 (2,861 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

My robot vacuums don't function either. I have all the S4 content. I'd say a good 20% of the content doesn't function or glitches out.  Skip the dust kit, they vacuum in one spot and the entire house is clean. Feeling pretty meh tonight about all the ongoing issues. Platforms are see through, but the sim still steps up. *sigh

Message 20 of 47 (2,803 Views)