Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS SAVES] [S] Raise a Skill Resolution sometimes does not work

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set New Year's Resolution to "Raise a Skill". Gain a level in a skill.
What happens when the bug occurs? Although the skill level is gained, the resolution to raise a skill is not completed.
What do you expect to see? The "Raise a Skill" resolution should be completed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've noticed that the "Raise a Skill" resolution does not complete on successfully raising a skill to a new level. I recently had a sim set this resolution and then attend GeekCon, raising her Programming skill to 2, Rocket Science skill to 5, and Video Game skill to 8 all in that festival. None of those three skill gains triggered completion of the resolution. I then disabled all mods and sent the sim home to practice programming until she reached Programming skill 3, and that did not trigger completion either.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 9 (2,025 Views)

Re: Raise a Skill Resolution does not work

★ Guide
@MercAB3 It happens to my adult sims but not kids sims.
Message 2 of 9 (1,986 Views)

Hero
@MercAB3 Does it work if you stay at your home lot the whole time and raise the skill at home ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (1,980 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I didn't have a recovery save from before New Years Eve so I could set the resolution and then immediately try raising a skill. But, what I did just do was restore from when the sim was still at GeekCon right before going home. I sent the sim home, tried raising a skill, got nothing. I then switched households and then switched right back so that the sim with the resolution started as the active sim while at home. (Remember, she originally started as active while at GeekCon.) I then raised a skill, and this time the resolution was marked complete.

Message 4 of 9 (1,964 Views)

Hero
@MercAB3 As there are a few issues with stuff not fulfilling when you travel, it could be just that, especially if it works when you switch.

There's two others clicking me too and it would be interesting to get more info from them as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (1,928 Views)

★ Guide
Sorry, the problem I actually have isn't "Raise a Skill" bug, but "Getting Promoted" bug. Working as an actor and have been promoted a few times but the resolution isn't completed.
Message 6 of 9 (1,883 Views)

Hero
@AndyZhang2896 That has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Promotion-New-Year-Resolution-not-fulfilling/m-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (1,879 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Raise a Skill Resolution sometimes does not work

★★★ Apprentice

I had this problem when my sim was at a club hangout.on another lot. She increased her fitness skill, it didn't register. I ended the event, sent her home, increased her piano skill, and it registered.

Message 8 of 9 (1,332 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Raise a Skill Resolution sometimes does not work

EA Staff

Hello All,

We see many of you still me too this post and we are looking for saves.

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 9 (989 Views)