Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Promotion New Year Resolution not fulfilling

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero
@alanmichael1 For this resolution or another ?

I haven't had any issues with any resolutions when traveling so I don't know if it's a global issue. I'd like to keep this to the promotion thing for now. If you have general issues, it's best if you create a new thread.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 33 (1,876 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Yes I have the same issue and my sim is a doctor. I have all packs installed except for realm and the last stuff pack. no CC or Mods. My sim has had 2 promotions and still hasn't had the resolution fulfilled. I've gone out to celebrate my promotion each time directly after getting to my lot. Not sure if that makes a difference.
Message 12 of 33 (1,841 Views)

Hero
@tmborah1976 Did you travel on the day or stay on your home lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 33 (1,828 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Not until the next day when she had to go to work. Now not sure if this would fall under this post but when she had to travel to complete the house call for her doctor job she wasn’t able to complete any of the tasks she started before traveling to complete the house call. 

Let me know now if I have to start a new post  for that issue

thank you

Message 14 of 33 (1,812 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This issue just started for me, too. I downloaded RoM yesterday. My sim traveled to the Magic Realm on New Year’s Eve, shorty after making a resolution to raise a skill.

When she arrived back home, she was just in time to watch the Countdown on TV. She watched it, but the event did not get fulfilled. She has also since gained many skills and still, it says she hasn’t completed her New Year’s resolution.

Prior to this, I had never had any problem with holidays/resolutions at all.

Message 15 of 33 (1,785 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Promotion New Year Resolution not fulfilling

★★★★ Pro

I've tried several different New Year resolutions, can confirm that they don't work.

Message 16 of 33 (1,730 Views)

★ Novice

Same for me too! My sim is a writer and had to finish a book. Ive now written 3 books of varying types (short, motivational and fantasy) within the allocated time, yet none have counted towards the goal.

Message 17 of 33 (1,641 Views)

Sims 4 resolutions not working

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? idk whatever latest version it is
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? make a sim go to new years make a resolution (the ones that usually don't work are complete a milestone and get promoted) and do them and they don't fulfill.
What happens when the bug occurs? the resolutions don't fulfill
What do you expect to see? for the resolutions to work properly
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

i'm so done with sims there's a new issue every 10 seconds like the r o m potions don't work and the spells don't work the whims don't complete. whatever sims company if is maxis ea i don't know they need to get there crap together cause im so done with sims ea or maxis or whatever the heck there called is cancelled

Message 18 of 33 (1,566 Views)

★★★ Novice

Having this too, with all resolutions, as well as tasks for freelancer careers and odd jobs. No mods or cc, all updates are done. It seems to have started with moschino pack and its patches

Message 19 of 33 (1,469 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Can confirm this issue. So far I have noticed pinned whims and new years resolutions not fulfilling. I have a doctor in the family I'm currently playing, so I travel regularaly with him to work.

EDIT: Restarting the game after traveling helps.

Message 20 of 33 (1,453 Views)