Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Polar Bear Plunge not completing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except, Mochisno, MFP and Bowling Night
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take your sims with the custom holiday tradition Polar Bear Plunge and have them swim around in a pool.
What happens when the bug occurs? The tradition won't complete
What do you expect to see? The tradition completing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure if this has been reported here or not, if so my mistake, but this issue isn't showing up in the search function. Anywho, I've been experimenting with custom holidays with seasons, to which I've finally gotten around to winter. I decided to make a custom snow day event where one of the family traditions is the Polar Bear plunge.

No big deal, I decided to take the family to the pool in Wyndenberg and have them swim around in the pool, as they jump into the pool I unlock the achievement, and they get a moodlet about being happy to swim around in the freezing cold water. But the Tradition doesn't complete in the list, so I have my sims swim laps, hoping that it's one of those things where you need to have them do the activity for a while, but nope, not even a flicker of a gold check-mark. 

So I'm wondering if this is a bug or if I'm not understanding how this particular tradition works? 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 9 (3,908 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [S] Polar Bear Plunge not completing

Hero

For those who are Polar Bear enthusiasts, we have great news! The Polar Bear Plunge Tradition is now able to be celebrated.

Fixed in Patch 1.72.28/ 1.39

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (2,742 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Polar Bear Plunge not completing

Hero
@halloweenchild13 Doesn't sound like your understanding this wrong. I haven't tried so I don't know but I'm leaning towards bug.

Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/
and here's reason why: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Break-Aug-19th-Aug-25th/m-p/7228122#M101403

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (3,835 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Just edited the game version. :3
Message 3 of 9 (3,815 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So I've experienced this issue, too. In the game I'm currently playing, the main sim I play was able to complete the tradition the first time the holiday came around; however, he was not able to complete it the second time. I tried troubleshooting this and ended up discovering that the issue appeared to be sim specific. When I debugged in that save and added a sim I'd never played to my household and tried to make that sim do the same thing I was trying with my main sim, that sim was able to complete the tradition. This led me to guess that the issue may be related to the buffs associated with the sim.

Message 4 of 9 (3,796 Views)

★★ Guide

I have Sauna Day as one of my winter holidays, with the Polar Bear Plunge as one of the holiday activities. I've tried it out several times with different families during different sim years and the thing I've noticed is that freezing temperature does not count. The temperature has to be exactly cold. Not cool, not freezing, but only and exactly cold. Then it works. Unfortunately at the end of the winter the temperature tends to be freezing, (or just cool in the desert worlds).

I would really love it if this was fixed to work with freezing temperature, too.

Message 5 of 9 (3,770 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm having this problem too. I've tried with several different sims. I was able to get both the Polar Bear Club achievement and confident moodlet but still no checkmark for completing the tradition. I'm playing with game version 1.61.15.1020.  I use this tradition as part of my New Year's Holiday and would like help getting it fixed. Thanks

Message 6 of 9 (3,583 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this problem too - I was thinking it might have something to do with the "iceproof" trait that is purchased through the rewards store

My sims that don't have the trait can complete the event but those with the trait cannot complete the event. 

Message 7 of 9 (3,442 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

i had a sim & his new girlfriend try this for the first time. after diving in, i received the notice that they were now in the Polar Bear Club, except that the holiday did not complete. they also could not swim because it was cold.

Message 8 of 9 (3,150 Views)

Hero

For those who are Polar Bear enthusiasts, we have great news! The Polar Bear Plunge Tradition is now able to be celebrated.

Fixed in Patch 1.72.28/ 1.39

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (2,743 Views)