[FIXED] [S] Plant reverts to dirt pile (Sim on different lot on season change)

by babajayne

Original Post

Re: [S] Plant reverts to dirt pile if Sim is on a different lot when season chan

★ Guide

It does happen to trees in pots for me sometimes....but I feel this is because they're too close together and perhaps resetting.....doesn't often happen in game though, I notice it on load or after placement from household inventory sometimes. I don't play with MOO but I suspect if I did it would help.

Message 11 of 22 (904 Views)

Re: [S] Plant reverts to dirt pile if Sim is on a different lot when season chan

★★ Guide

I have seen the same but without traveling to another lot. I don't have a "before" save but if you tell the name of the mod I could check plant status.

Message 12 of 22 (893 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@babuchas01 The mod isn't public.

If it happens differently than described in here, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Plants-reverting-to-dirt-pile-after-fertilizing-Patch-1-76-81/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 22 (882 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This happens to one of my sims almost every season change to my sheltered plants. My sims can be on the lot and I've watched it happen several times. It was getting so predictable that I tried to record it happening (of course then it didn't happen,) Sometimes it's just a few plants, sometimes it's every single plant. They just revert to a dirt patch. Sometimes I think everything is fine but they'll disappear the instant my Sim interacts with them.   

Message 14 of 22 (847 Views)

Hero
@vyvexthorne So also when you are on the lot not only when you play on a different lot ?

Does it matter if they were in season at the time before they revert ?

Like it's the change from out-of-seaon to in-season

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 22 (842 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Doesn't seem to matter what type of plant they are as I've had a few go missing or sometimes every single one of them.  You can actually see it happen here in a video by James Turner at around the 5:00 - 6:20  mark. 

Message 16 of 22 (824 Views)

★ Guide

Does it seem to happen for you when people come home from work or school? I've noticed sometimes that's when it happens for me. Either right after they leave or just after they get back.

Message 17 of 22 (814 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@vyvexthorne there's several issues and I'm trying to keep threads separate. This particular issue was very much reproducible with the saves I got.

Seems yours might be different then this thread too then.

Here's the more general thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Plants-reverting-to-dirt-pile-after-fertilizing-Patch-1-7...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 22 (810 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Plant reverts to dirt pile (Sim is on different lot on season cha

★★★ Newbie

It happens to me whenever my Sims leave the lot not just on a season change day. Everytime. I was told all I have to do is put them in the household. Inventory then put them back out. It's a pain. I was only able to do it once. Not the greatest workaround.

Message 19 of 22 (448 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Plant reverts to dirt pile (Sim is on different lot on season cha

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Hi I've had the problem before. Hit the dirt pile with a hammer and then undo. It works for me. ♥ The plant was back fully grown!

Message 20 of 22 (435 Views)