Re: [S] Plant reverts to dirt pile if Sim is on a different lot when season chan

by yuk75

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Plant reverts to dirt pile (Sim on different lot on season change)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The dragon fruit is perfect, fully grown, and sheltered. If a member of the household travels to a community lot, is gone at 12am Sunday the 1st day of Fall, and returns after that, the dragon fruit has reverted to its "just planted" state, aka "dirt pile". If a member of the household does not travel during this time, the plant does not revert.
What happens when the bug occurs? The plant appears in its "just planted" state but remains perfect. It does not seem to be related to fertilization (it had not been fertilized recently).
What do you expect to see? I expect the plant to remain fully grown and ready to produce harvestables.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It may have started occurring after the Eco Lifestyle patch (a pack I did not buy). But I cannot confirm that I did not experience a bug like this before that patch. It happened before mods ever touched my game. So while I have recently started using mods, they would have nothing to do with this bug; this is replicable without them.

Thanks to Crinrict and Bienchen who have tested and been able to reproduce this bug using my save file.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to make it a tad more general

Message 1 of 22 (6,268 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [S] Plant reverts to dirt pile (Sim is on different lot on season cha

Hero

Plants no longer revert to dirt piles in dormant phases, and instead will simply stop growing. They should also now only become dormant when entering their off seasons, at the appropriate time.

Fixed in Patch 1.103.250/1.84

I'm closing this thread as this is the one mentioned in the Laundry List. The changes might be bigger though so please continue to report here (positive or negative) how it's going: [CURRENT ISSUE] Plants reverting to Dirt Piles

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 22 of 22 (1,678 Views)

All Replies

Re: [S] Plant reverts to dirt pile if Sim is on a different lot when season chan

[ Edited ]
Hero

@babajayne Thanks for the new thread. I do think this is a specific scenario,

I haven't played on so one question: Does the plant start growing again or does it stay this way ?

Please everyone only click me too on this thread if the dirt piles reproducibly in the scenario described by OP (season change while on a different lot).

If you have dirt piles for any other reasons, use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Plants-reverting-to-dirt-pile-after-fertilizing-Patch-1-7...  or this for the cow plant: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Cow-Plant-Resets-to-previous-growing-stage/td-p/97...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (6,233 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict The plant sprouts again sometime before Sunday at 4pm so it seems to be developing as expected. 

Message 3 of 22 (6,216 Views)

★ Guide

I have some input to share on plants reverting to dirt piles. In the saves I tested, the reported reverting to dirt piles could - if it even was reproducable, which it was in case of babajaynes save file - be solved by adhering to the game gardening functions in The Sims 4.

I have made two larger posts about what I figured out (and a smaller one in beneath the two):

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17933834#Comment_17933834

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17933191#Comment_17933191

That being said, I'm not a programmer, I'm actually doing this in my free time while working full-time as a jurist. Everything I know about programming is learning by doing and interpreting tuning files. So I might be actually wrong about some of this.

Message 4 of 22 (6,180 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@83bienchen Bit unsure which thread your post is best in.

You may want to post your links in the main thread (see second post). Want to keep this to babyjane's specific symptoms cause so far it's been the only one I've been able to repro.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 22 (6,153 Views)

★ Guide

@83bienchen are you saying if I fertilize all my plants with the same fertiliser that only the first gets the benefit? Or are you saying you can't fertilise more than one plant at a time because the queue gets deleted? I really wish there was a fertilize all option....it's fatiguing to do it one at a time and to be honest I stopped doing it because it was so frustrating.

Message 6 of 22 (6,134 Views)

Hero
@yuk75 You can queue fertilizing but only if you use different kinds of fertilizer

The bug bienchen is referring to is this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Fertilize-several-plants-with-the-same-item-doesn-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 22 (6,120 Views)

★ Guide

Ahh excellent. Shame there's no me too button on there otherwise I'd double check my game....because me too last I tried. That said there's been 2 major updates since then.

Absolutely dying for the next update, hope it has new gardening stuff :D.

Message 8 of 22 (6,103 Views)

Hero
@yuk75 If you don't see than you probably already clicked in the past. It's so old.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 22 (6,101 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@babajayne I did some further testing on your save and found something interesting.

I played on for another week so season changes from Fall to winter. At this point, you have another plant that gets from out-of-seaons to in seasons.

If I'm on another lot when the season changes, the exact same thing happens, now that plant turns to dirt piles.

There seem to be three season status a plant can have

- Dormant
- Out of season
- In Season.

So far from what I can tell, plants have the following status (need to verify further)

- In Seasons Plants: In Season
- Out of Season trees: Out of Season
- Out of Seasons non-tree plants: Dormant.

This makes sense as outside trees don't become dirt piles while plants do when they are not in season. There must be another check that checks if a plant is sheltered or not, to decide what you actually visually see.

Now, the interesting part is, that if I set that plant from dormant to out-of-seasons, then travel and stay on another lot for the season change and then come back, it doesn't revert to a dirt pile.

So, is the status for dormant actually a bug and it should always be out-of-season ?

(@littleMsSam made a mod that let you check the status)

EDIT: changed some details.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 22 (6,079 Views)