by Nuke615

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] Pile Of Rotting Leaves Outside Lot, Can't Remove

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most..too numerous to mention
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? after raking leaves, the pile ends up outside the lot and cannot be interacted with
What do you expect to see? being able to interact with the pile of leaves
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Pile of leaves ended up outside the lot and cannot be interacted with.  As you can see they are rotting, but I can't do anything about it.  Is there a cheat code that will allow me to delete or move that pile?  Thanks

Message 4 of 25 (19,399 Views)

Leaf pile generated into the street

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

So I remember this being a problem and now it’s different. My sim was raking leaves near the front of their house, close to the street, and the leaf pile generated into the street... and started to stink up.. and i can’t click on the pile at all. So now it’s been there since day 1 of fall. I’m more than certain it’ll disappear once winter hits (I’ll update once I get to winter) but being unable to even interact with the piles to make sure to get rid of them when they are not on my lot is a bug. I can interact just fine if they are on the lot though, but for some reason she raked them onto the street. She’s living in Britechester, the off campus house. 

edit: so I just tried to make the pile even bigger and now I can burn it. Still kind of frustrating that it decides to go on the street lol 

Message 1 of 25 (19,442 Views)

Re: Leaf pile generated into the street

Hero
@SweetVeggieAmai I'm moving this to general discussion as the thread you posted in was a fixed bug that was a bit different from what you're seeing.

Was that a one time thing or do you get this regularly ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 25 (19,432 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@SweetVeggieAmaiI had this same thing happen at a house in Willow Creek. A tree had been placed very close to the sidewalk, so that while raking that tree, a leaf pile was formed just outside my lot. It was annoying to look at but other than that it was not causing any harm (i.e. no negative moodlets on my lot). There was also a fence nearby so additional raking did not enlarge the pile enough so that I could burn it (a second leaf pile formed inside the fence!). Thankfully it did disappear when winter came.

@crinrict  I think this can happen regularly when raking a tree that has been placed at the edge of a lot and near a street or sidewalk. Other than being an eyesore, it wasn't causing any real harm and it went away with winter.

Message 3 of 25 (19,412 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Pile Of Rotting Leaves Outside Lot, Can't Remove

Hero
@Nuke615 Merged an earlier report into yours.

It does seem to disappear on it's own when winter comes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 25 (19,333 Views)

★★★ Guide

After raking some more, the pile got big enough where I have the option to burn it now.  Deleting the lot had no effect. 

Message 6 of 25 (19,280 Views)

Seasons - Leaf Piles Unable to be Interacted With

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Get to Work, Tiny Living, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be in Fall Season. Have a Sim rake leaves. This if for leaf pile(s) overlap the edge of the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? If leaf pile(s) are overlapping border of lot (home lot) they cannot be interacted with at all. They eventually start stinking up the edges of the lot and do not disappear on their own.
What do you expect to see? I would expect to be able to have some way to interact with and clear the leaf piles, or have them not create so close to the edge of the lot in the first place.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

TestingCheats on does allow for some interaction (reset and set as head), but choosing to Reset Object (Debug) does nothing.

Message 7 of 25 (19,187 Views)

Re: Seasons - Leaf Piles Unable to be Interacted With

Hero
@designerprincess Merged your post with existing thread on this issue.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 25 (19,139 Views)

Re: Seasons - Leaf Piles Unable to be Interacted With

★★★★ Novice
  • I am having the same issue as stated above. But it hasn't disappeared through the seasons. It got covered with snow and now it's summer and it's still there. If I tell my butler to clean dirty object it says I have to wait until she done with her current task. I have deleted, rebuilt, changed family that lives there and it won't go away. There are actually 2 piles. The tree wasn't too close to the edge for my issue, the butler picked it up, carried it to the trash and instead of putting in the can she turned around and put it on the street TWICE and they turned back into leaf piles!? 
Message 9 of 25 (16,741 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Pile Of Rotting Leaves Outside Lot, Can't Remove

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have experienced this issue. It was suggested to use a Spellcaster to burn the leaves. It worked for me and I was able to put the remaining ash in the trash. The issue still occurs, but at least there is a work around.

Message 10 of 25 (16,360 Views)