by Logicalli

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] New Year Resolution: 'Loose Weight' not fulfilling

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs except for jungle and spa, about half the stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have it be New Year's Holiday, make a resolution to Lose Weight, have the sim lose weight.
What happens when the bug occurs? This aspiration is never checked as complete, the sim always gets the sad buff at the end of 7 days.
What do you expect to see? The aspiration be checked as complete when it is.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Seen a handful of other players with this issue. It definitely started for me before Realm of Magic came out, but I don't know when specifically. It isn't so much "game breaking" as it is "really frustrating". It's happening in every single save - with or without mods (with folder refreshes in between, some of my saves are CC free) and just bugging me now.

Sims 4 Screenshot 2020.01.24 - 19.44.56.63.png

Sims 4 Screenshot 2020.01.24 - 19.45.25.56.png

Obviously these pictures are from my CC save, but you can see the Sim definitely lost weight (the top picture being the day she failed her resolution).

Message 3 of 41 (31,319 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Promotion New Year Resolution not fulfilling

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have only recently gotten Seasons (beginning of the week), so I can't speak for bugs before, but last night I had a new year in the Sims for the first time. Two of the Sims set resolution to lose weight and one to complete an aspiration milestone. The aspiration milestone was completed, while traveling to a public lot. The other two, after jogging and eating healthy for 5 days, suddenly slimmed down a lot (about 6.354 body fat percentage  according to mccc) - and honestly too slim in my perception. But then about 11 hours later their deadline came and they were sad they didn't complete their resolutions. I assumed that maybe the game wanted them to be 0 percent body fat? But didn't test that.

This was after yesterday's patch was installed.

Message 1 of 41 (31,291 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Promotion New Year Resolution not fulfilling

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict I just had the same problem with the get thin resolution. I had two sims taking on that resolution, and they exercised every day and ate only salad, and they weren't even fat before, just a bit chubby. I don't know if they actually got down to zero percent fat, but anyway I guess they should have because they became visibly thinner and I have tried that resolution before this bug appeared the first time without any problems.
Message 2 of 41 (31,269 Views)

Re: Completing Aspiration: Lose Weight

★ Guide

I experienced this as well. Had a sim lose a noticeable amount of weight but it was never fulfilled.

Message 4 of 41 (31,209 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] New Year Resolution: 'Loose Weight' not fulfilling

★★★ Newbie

I've also been having this problem but the NYR was 'Get Fit' and had my sim level up their fitness skill 3x since the Resolution was made. She's gotten noticeably buffer because I had her use the weight machines for the first two levels. I thought maybe it was the lot? So I had her actually leave and go to the gym and run on the treadmill until she leveled up, with 2 hours to spare on her resolution fulfillment. It did not fulfill.

My other sim, same family, same lot, same NYE day, made the Resolution to 'Get a Promotion' and that fulfilled. So I'm a little bummed with this bug, can't even find a cheat to fulfill the resolution on my own.

NYE Get Fit Resolution Bug

Message 5 of 41 (31,114 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having this problem with all of the New Year Resolutions, although I don't get the sad buff with all of them.

I have all the expansions and packs installed and I play in french, version 1.61.15.1020. 

Message 6 of 41 (30,948 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm also having this problem. I chose the "get fit" resolution on two of my sims. They've both reached peak physical fitness (checked in CAS with fulleditmode) but the resolution still won't complete. :/ No CC, no mods.

Message 7 of 41 (30,875 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] New Year Resolution: 'Loose Weight' not fulfilling

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've had this problem too.

Not anymore.

As a real perfectionist I hate playing games when I do encounter a bug and could do nothing about it.

So I've spent several days to understand something about simulations in the Sims 4 and modding on top of my programming background.

Devs have a bug in simulation python code.

And I actually was able to make a mod that fixes that and potentially some other problems that have sims properties thresholds checking (at least the one resolution to get fit that is near lose weight in the window with selecting resolutions).

Link to download my fixing mod <removed download link per forum rules>

You need to place the file with  *.ts4script extention to <your user folder>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods

You also need to enable mods and script mods in the game settings.

I hope this helps.

Message 8 of 41 (30,379 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Logicalli wrote:

Link to download my fixing mod <removed download link per forum rules>

@Logicalli, since your link got nuked by the mods, I hope you'll upload it to somewhere that Google can find it, such as Mod The Sims or Nexus Mods. I'm slightly nervous even linking to those sites, but the rules say it's okay:

But feel free to link to free gaming fan sites
Message 9 of 41 (30,230 Views)

★★★ Guide
This is a problem with all resolutions for me, if my sim does any kind of traveling before the resolution is fulfilled. Same as whims.
Message 10 of 41 (30,191 Views)