by Geofferic

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [S] New Year Resolution: 'Loose Weight' not fulfilling

★★★ Novice

This continues to be a problem.

Message 31 of 41 (1,584 Views)

Champion

The problem with this seems to be with the way the game tracks completion of the resolution.

The lose weight and get fit resolutions seem to use a custom method for tracking the fitness or fatness changes - " event_testing.custom_tracker_objective" - which seems to have broken after one of the game updates.

If they fix that, or switch to some other tracking method, then the resolutions should start working normally again.

For console players, I don't know of any workaround, other than avoiding these resolutions because they can't complete.

For PC/Mac players who are ok with using mods, but aren't aware of any that can help, @Logicalli/Rifsunot has had one out for a while that is linked to from the Hero approved Common Game Fixing Mods thread. It's a script mod that fixes the custom tracking Python code. I also have a mod for it on my site, which is a non-script mod that works by switching the tracking method for the resolutions over to the same one that other (working) resolutions and objectives use.

Hopefully, it can be fixed someday, since it doesn't seem to be a complex issue and we've pointed out what the cause seems to be - but if you've experienced this bug, click the Me Too button on the first page of the thread.

Message 32 of 41 (1,569 Views)

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? SDX Base 9.0?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except bust the dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make the new years resolution Lose Weight
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim loses weight, but the game does not recognise it.
What do you expect to see? To complete the resolution and get a positive moodlet
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My chubby sim is now rail thin but that's somehow not enough?

Message 33 of 41 (1,531 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Same problem in October 2022. Seems the devs aren't in a rush to fix all of these immersion breaking, annoying bugs. They really add up and combine to ruin the experience... after a while it gets quite frustrating.

Message 34 of 41 (1,442 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same problem, December 2022. My Sim did travel before the resolution occurred, so maybe that is relevant as someone said above? I have no mods, no CC. 

Message 35 of 41 (1,345 Views)

★★ Apprentice

December 2022. Still no solution that doesn't INCLUDE mods to fix a game I paid for?? I understand there are important bugs to fix but the smaller bugs are just as important if we need to result to using mods to fix a game WE PAID FOR

Message 36 of 41 (1,304 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi simmers ! 

I've found a cheat code to complete this resolution :

sims.add_buff buff_Resolutions_CompleteBuff_LoseWeight

I know it's not a real solution but it's better than a mod (in my opinion).

Happy simming ♥

Message 37 of 41 (1,136 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My sim has visibly lost weight, has been working out and eating right..she's about to "not fulfill" this resolution because of this glitch. I'll have to use the cheat.

Message 38 of 41 (1,125 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Just ran into this issue. My sim ran daily sometimes two to three times. Ate healthy and visibly lost weight. She was already fit. But the resolution did not complete. 

Message 39 of 41 (648 Views)

★★ Novice

January 2024 and this is still broken. Extremely disappointing. My sim is at the lowest possible weight, even drank insta-lean, and no fullfilment.

Message 40 of 41 (534 Views)