Re: [OPEN] [S] NPC Sims wear random cold/hot weather outfits not assigned

by MsMaeve92

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

@crinrictOh my apologies. Thanks for clarifying. Should I make my own post/ticket?

Message 31 of 44 (1,265 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Pocketfloof123 Usually if the outfit isn't on the Sims when you switch back to them, it's the Sims not switching back as described in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-don-t-change-out-of-situational-outfit/m-p/8068958#M....

Situational outfits do apply to all Sims you don't play at a time so it can happen to your rotational played Sims outfits.

So while the other I linked is more about situational outfits being extra weird with clothing, that one is about Sims not changing back. From what you're describing, you're seeing the outfits being extra weird.

This thread here is probably a mixture of things but from what you're saying, your post is fine here if it's specifically about cold/weather outfits.

As said, there's so many outfit issues, some older, some newer, some probably the same root cause - the situational outfits which just not work well as well as random accessoir being added to them.

I don't think we need another thread at this point but if they ever take a shot at fixing them, all threads on outfits will probably need to be revisited/closed and new ones created

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 44 (1,248 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrictI'm afraid it's actually both of those bugs. They don't change back, regardless of circumstances.

If anyone from EA is reading this: I think it'd be really nice if situational outfits were either removed completely or put within the player's control, at least for played households.

Message 33 of 44 (1,213 Views)

Hero
@Pocketfloof123 Then it's best to just click me too on both threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 44 (1,197 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've noticed that this happens most often for my played Sims while I'm playing as a different household, but does happen to other NPCs. And especially when I travel to the Magic Realm. I would love to see my Sims wandering around in the clothes I've put them in, but alas, it seems that it is not to be.

Message 35 of 44 (1,117 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am also experiencing this issue. I play on PlayStation.

Message 36 of 44 (1,067 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Is there really not any solution to un-played sims in "my households" randomly wearing random outfits, instead of the outfits we gave them? Many of us spend literally hours selecting outfits for the sims we place in the world, just to see that all that effort is wasted because the game dresses them in a random way instead of using the clothes they already have in CAS. 

It would be really easy to simply do not generate random outfits for sims that are in "my households". I do not care and i understand that game-generated NPC need clothes to be generated, but i do not understand and i do not see any reason why it should happen for sims that already have outfits. In fact, i am pretty sure that stop generating those silly outfits could improve game performance. 

At least add an option to disable this, or stop it completely. Random outfit just add more and more "clutter" to the game, it does not improve the game in any way or form. 

Message 37 of 44 (988 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is still happening even after todays update. 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GP: 01,05,07,10 EP: 01,02,03,04,05,06,08,09,10 SP: 11,13,16,17,21,22
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look around when you're in cold weather.
What happens when the bug occurs? NPC sims are wearing inappropriate clothing for weather.
What do you expect to see? Change to appropriate clothing based on weather.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 38 of 44 (953 Views)

Hero
@biffdit this is the tourist outfit for city living though. that's just a situational outfit.

Is the Sim freezing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 44 (930 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I did not realize there were tourist outfits. Not sure if the sim was freezing. I quit playing for the evening soon after that.
Message 40 of 44 (916 Views)