Re: [OPEN] [S] NPC Sims wear random cold/hot weather outfits not assigned

by Gutzyella

Original Post

★ Apprentice
the issue still persists, even during cloudy weather, it makes no sense; could a dev please explain why yall keep pushing these Situation outfits, when we clearly don't want them

they're always way too random and it's not funny nor entertaining
Message 21 of 44 (2,592 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

OMG yes, CAN we PLEASE! fix this... i hate seeing my grown children that are now NPCs in outfits i have not selected for them...... like i cant tell who is who by just the pictures in the simology or phone, or relationships anymore and that is very aggravating

Message 22 of 44 (2,534 Views)

Re: [S] NPC Sims wear random cold/hot weather outfits not assigned

★ Guide

Do you guys still need saves? I'm seeing this happen in my own game now. Even to played households when I'm not playing them.

Message 23 of 44 (2,521 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We no longer need saves for this.  We can see the issue.

Thank you.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 24 of 44 (2,447 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

03-10-19_1-23-51 PM.png

Here's a pic from this happening to my sim. You can't see it but this outfit included high heels. Where did he even get those?

Message 25 of 44 (2,428 Views)

★ Guide

I hope the team will get around to fixing the issue soon (which can't be soon enough). I spend so much time in CAS giving my townies nice outfits and in the end they still walk around like clowns and I don't even recognize them, it's beyond frustrating.

Message 26 of 44 (2,342 Views)

★ Novice

Bringing this up because it's still happening and it's been literal years at this point. 

Message 27 of 44 (1,930 Views)

Hero
@Oryxofelia Is this for your own Sims or NPCs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 44 (1,905 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This isn't meant to sound rude but a quick perusal of this thread would tell you that it's happening to people's own sims ("My Households" when they're not being played) which is why it's so frustrating. It ruins immersion when playing rotationally to the point where it defeats the purpose of creating your own town. A male athlete now walks around in a women's winter hat during summer and one family's mother suddenly wears fishnets and a rainbow beanie. Not funny or cool. Even if this bug didn't involve out-of-character fashion choices and climate denial it'd be just as annoying so I hope EA remove it completely and don't just change the parameters of it.

After paying a bunch of money for extra content and spending hours creating different households it's really dispiriting.

To sum things up:

-Happens to one's own households when they're not being played, not just npcs/sims in "Other Households". They're not isolated incidents and it happens to pretty much all sims when they're not being played.

-It happens outside of CAS. It does not involve extra outfits being randomly generated/set. Disregard anyone who says this because I've ruled it out. When playing a sim it can be fixed temporarily by clicking them and changing their outfit in live mode, not CAS.

- Seems to be related to situational outfits that are outside of the player's control, e.g. rain, holidays, but I'm not certain of this.

Message 29 of 44 (1,881 Views)

Hero
@Pocketfloof123 Not to be rude either but most of this thread is probably just this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Weird-situational-outfits-on-NPCs-Mainly-Hats-Accessoire/... but since there's a lot of clothing issues out there, I wanted to make what the user is actually posting about.

There have also been reports of active Sims having outfits not assigned (mostly mod related), so I wanted to make sure what the user meant. People often post in wrong posts as there are so many and the post was rather short.

If old threads like this get bumped, I want to be sure, it's the same issue and not something else.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 44 (1,860 Views)