Re: [TO ADD] [S] NPC Holiday Decorations won't go away after holiday is over

by Ratchick

Original Post

★ Novice
Having the same issue too, some lots, not all. It’s love day decorations that are stuck up. Tried the new holiday fix and it didn’t work.
Message 31 of 36 (2,278 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also having the issue. My sims got to the Temple in the jungle today, two days after Love Day, and found hearts strewn around the outside of the temple. Weirdly enough, in testing my game with the patch, I moved someone into the lot opposite my main sims' lot and it ALSO showed their apartment covered in hearts, even though they were away on holiday and had NOT decorated. Very strange.

Up to date, latest EA patch, etc.

Message 32 of 36 (2,222 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] NPC Holiday Decorations won't go away after holiday is over

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It's also happening on the active career lots.

Message 33 of 36 (2,109 Views)

Re: NPC Holiday Decorations won't go away after holiday is over

[ Edited ]
Hero

Now, if you travel during a holiday, the holiday decorations on your neighbor’s homes will be removed after the holiday ends. They were admittedly being either a bit overly festive or just a tad lazy. Either way, it’s been dealt with.

Fixed in Patch 1.52.100

You might need to remove already existing lights manually.

To do so, create a holiday without lights and play that. That should remove them.

EDIT

Seems it's not completely fixed, please sue this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-NPC-Holiday-Decorations-getting-stuck-Patch-1-55...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 36 (11,933 Views)

★ Guide

Hello, I do not speak English, sorry if I do not write well, but I have a problem, I traveled with my sim to all the districts of the worlds, creating a holiday without decoration, to eliminate the decorations that had remained erroneously, and I managed to remove them all , now the problem is that there are no decorations in the neighborhoods, a holiday arrives and they only decorate the district in which my sim lives, no other district or world will have decorations, this error bothers me a lot. Regards.

Message 35 of 36 (1,894 Views)

Hero
@elysevilla That sounds like a different issue although it might not even be a bug.

best if you create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 36 (1,848 Views)