Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] [S] Indoor pool has greyed out options in freezing weather

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.120
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When playing in winter when the weather outside is Freezing, my indoor pool has all options but 'swim laps' greyed out and all other options say "It's too cold to do this" when hovered over. It's winter but this pool is indoors in the basement rec room. Not sure if this is recent since I haven't played in winter for months.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the weather outside is "Freezing" in winter, click on the indoor pool to have a sim swim and the only option they have available is to "swim laps". All other options are greyed out.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see all of the options available no matter what season or temperature since this is an indoor pool.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When this issue was noticed I continued to monitor the household and the next day the pool had all options available. I went back to the old save and found that the difference between the two days was that on the first one (with the greyed out options) the weather outside was "Freezing", but the next day the weather was just "Cold" and all of the expected swim options were available when the pool was clicked on the "Cold" day.

Note: In my game I have sensitivity to temperature off until the life threatening chill stuff stops. Also, when I turned on the heat (thermostat) on the "Freezing" day it made no difference... the sims still had all options except laps greyed out.

I do have a game save if needed.

indoor pool.jpg

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 1 of 35 (12,247 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Indoor pool has greyed out options in freezing weather

★ Guide
@SheriGR I also have this issue. I never really noticed this til recently. But I think cuz I never had my sims swim indoors while it was freezing outside.
I do have mods atm but they are all to date and none have to do with weather related things or the pool. I will test without mods but I doubt that will change things.
Message 2 of 35 (11,881 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Does this also happen on community lots? I have been playing an indoor community pool for ages and never had problems in winter. Perhaps it's a new bug.

Message 3 of 35 (11,862 Views)

Champion

@alanmichael1 I'm not sure as I haven't used community pools. I'd have to test that. Did you look at the details in the report? This isn't just winter - it's weather and swimming-stroke specific.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 35 (11,853 Views)

★★★★ Novice

having the exact same issue.

Sims SHOULD BE ABLE to swim indoors regardless of outdoor weather.

this is a bug that needs to be addressed. 

Message 5 of 35 (11,633 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same here... weather should be irrelevant with indoor pools.

Message 6 of 35 (10,952 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This happens to me too. My sims can't swim indoors (on a community lot) when it's freezing outside Frown I never noticed it before, but just like another user here, I think I never tried it while it was freezing outside.

Edit: My sim was in a playful mood and she could do the action "playfully swim" in the indoor pool, but that was the only thing she could do.

Message 7 of 35 (10,766 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue

Message 8 of 35 (10,119 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

A one year old bug...... Raised eyebrow

Message 9 of 35 (10,087 Views)

★★ Guide

I think it is by design.

A design feature I disagree with.

At least it should be that way if you have placed a thermostat on the lot and it on, it should also heat the water.

A workaround could be the thermo-something lot trait, but that came with eco-lifestyle(?) and is unfair for those who don't have that pack

Message 10 of 35 (10,083 Views)