Re: [OPEN] [S] Indoor pool has greyed out options in freezing weather

by 33Rapture

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

I specifically placed a thermostat in the pool room of my basement, and even still the error occurs.

Never mentioned that in my original post.

If Seasons is smart enough to know when plants are placed indoors and changes their growth patterns, it should also be smart enough to understand an indoor pool and adjust the interaction behaviours accordingly.

Message 11 of 35 (1,632 Views)

★ Novice
@MarleyTheWizard I have that lot trait and it doesn't make a difference :-/
Message 12 of 35 (1,599 Views)

★★★★ Novice

January 2022, and I am having this issue. Has it ever been addressed/fixed?

Message 13 of 35 (1,257 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've Just build a whole new swimming lot and i can't blinking use it in winter! Is this really still an issue after all these years!!!

Message 14 of 35 (1,212 Views)

Champion

@vixenb192 Hmmm... well, in the testing I did (please see the first post on this thread) it was only an issue on 'freezing' days, not all winter, so that helps.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 15 of 35 (1,185 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It is now April 27, 2022, two years and three months since the first post, and I still have the exact same problem initially described. My sim cannot swim in her new basement pool because it is winter and apparently too cold. Shame.

simsbasementpool.jpg

Message 16 of 35 (1,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is now June 24th, 2022.  Seriously, EA, how is it that your SLA on even responding to bug reports is >2 years?!  That's just unprofessional.  I'm saying this as a software engineer, myself.

Please do better, EA.  This ticket deserves a response and I would be embarrassed if my team were this unresponsive to basic maintenance requests.

Registered an account just to say this.  Oh and this bug also affects kiddie pools.

Message 17 of 35 (970 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yes I have often and repeatedly been disappointed in Sims 4. They're more concerned with pumping out overpriced DLC than quality of life fixes. I feel my time is better spent in Sims 3. 

Message 18 of 35 (950 Views)

★ Guide

Came here today to find out why this is happening. Disappointed to see it's not even been responded to.

Message 19 of 35 (934 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I own  a lot of packes and play normaly with mc comands, but even with just seson as the only bvack and no cc/mods i still can't get my sims to use a indoor pool in the winter time. and this does also indclude when having a therm0ostat set to warmer. sorry for my englis. i come from denmark but play the english vetiuon of sims 4. 

Message 20 of 35 (831 Views)