Sim hot despite heatproof and cold despite iceproof

by funcrunch

Original Post

Sim hot despite heatproof and cold despite iceproof

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Laundry and Small Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a Sim with iceproof and heatproof traits outside on very cold and very hot days, without wearing appropriate cold- or hot-weather clothing.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim sometimes gets chilled or overheated moodlets despite having iceproof and heatproof traits.
What do you expect to see? Sim should not get chilled or overheated regardless of clothing choice.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My celebrity Sim is getting chilled and overheated on some lots despite having both the iceproof and heatproof traits. This seems to be happening mainly at lots in Del Sol Valley. When he's on his home lot in San Myshuno in the Spice District he hasn't gotten chilled or overheated. This is a single-Sim household in a new game file started after Get Famous came out.

Message 11 of 63 (1,906 Views)

Re: Sim hot despite heatproof and cold despite iceproof

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @funcrunch

I've merged your post although it's a bit different then op. 

Would you be willing to provide your save for this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 63 (1,879 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:

Hi @funcrunch

I've merged your post although it's a bit different then op. 

Would you be willing to provide your save for this ?

Sure, let me know who to send it to.

Message 13 of 63 (1,850 Views)

Hero

@SimGuruIcarus would be good.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 63 (1,842 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:

@SimGuruIcarus would be good.

Thanks, I sent a PM with a link.

Message 15 of 63 (1,838 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@funcrunch wrote:

My celebrity Sim is getting chilled and overheated on some lots despite having both the iceproof and heatproof traits. This seems to be happening mainly at lots in Del Sol Valley. When he's on his home lot in San Myshuno in the Spice District he hasn't gotten chilled or overheated. This is a single-Sim household in a new game file started after Get Famous came out.

Update: Today my iceproof and heatproof Sim got a chilled moodlet while attending the Spice Festival (accessible without leaving his home lot). it was summer and not even cold at the time, only cool. He was wearing athletic clothing.

ETA: Same thing just happened on a lot in Selvadorada; Iceproof Sim got chilled while outside in cool (not cold) weather, this time while wearing hot-weather clothing (the weather had been hot previously).

Message 16 of 63 (1,815 Views)

Re: Iceproof Sim has Chilled/uncomfortable moodlet indoors in warm weather

★ Apprentice
@crinrict My iceproof sims freeze to death occasionally, either while swimming or taking a stroll, or sometimes in their homes with the thermostat set to warm, I tend to dress them in winterwear also, but the chilled moodlet doesn't go away unless I completely exit the game, I can provide sims and saves if needed
Message 17 of 63 (1,379 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same. My iceproof sim gets the uncomfortable moodlet 100% of the time when he goes snowboarding or stands outside without weather appropriate clothing

Message 18 of 63 (1,305 Views)

★ Apprentice

I now have an iceproof sim who is getting the Chilled uncomfortable moodlet while in her pjs inside a vacation rental at Mt. Komorebi in a room without a heater. Simultaneously she has the Pleasant Chill happy moodlet from her iceproof trait.

Message 19 of 63 (1,255 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Most traits like that are broken.  Cold proof, Head proof, water proof, sickness resistant... they're all broken.

Sick resistance actually makes you get sick MORE often.  I stopped using all of those traits a long time ago.

Message 20 of 63 (1,242 Views)