by paradiseplanet27

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] Iceproof Sim freeze to death/get chilled moodlet

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, most Game Packs (not parenting), and only a couple of 'Stuff'.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Really no idea.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim, who is heatproof, coldproof and wetproof through the aspiration rewards, was inside the Temple at Selvadorada when i noticed she was Cold ("Chilled from being cold due to temperature" with suggestions to change clothes or go inside). The weather was warm and she was inside. I tried changing her clothes into cold-weather (despite the weather being warm). No help.
What do you expect to see? A Coldproof Sim should never have a "Chilled" uncomfortable moodlet. And certainly not when the weather is warm and they are inside.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seasons, and/or the patch on 6/26/18 (didn't see it happen before the post-Season patch).

I'm going to repair my game, because i'm sick of this moodlet but i wondered if others are having this issue.

My Sim, who is heatproof, coldproof and wetproof through the aspiration rewards, was inside the Temple at Selvadorada when i noticed she was uncomfortably Cold ("Chilled from being cold due to temperature" with suggestions to change clothes or go inside). The weather was warm and she was inside. I tried changing her clothes into cold-weather (despite the weather being warm). No help.

[I must admit she was in the Temple by fluke... not on vacation but invited to the Jaguar bar and when the event ended i took her Treasure Hunting. Standard smile It's so nice not to have a time limit. :D ]

[P.S. If this shows up, i can't see the preview]

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag, merged threads

Message 1 of 63 (7,673 Views)

Re: Iceproof Sim has Chilled/uncomfortable moodlet indoors in warm weather

[ Edited ]
Hero

This might be connected to this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-Freezing-to-Death-in-Summer/m-p/6881944

Did you have anyone freeze to death ?

Could you upload your Sim to the gallery for easier testing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 63 (7,611 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Repaired my game and she's still chilled so, yes, i've uploaded her to the Gallery. Her name is Memphis Tennessee (aliens don't understand about cities and states not being people names, of course). I put a comment "#crinrict help please" so you can find her. Thank you so much!
Message 3 of 63 (7,584 Views)

Hero
I'll try tomorrow. Had a bit of a wild RL day :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 63 (7,568 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Thanks! I'm playing another household today, hoping she will warm up. I trust your RL will settle down, but i hope the wildness is all good.
Message 5 of 63 (7,552 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Iceproof Sim has chilled moodlet indoors in warm weather

[ Edited ]
Hero

On backlog testing list

EDIT

Tested your Sim and I could see that there was some sort of uncomfy moodlet when I loaded her into a new save but it immediately. went away.

So guess I'll need your save to properly test

@Eleemosynary

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 63 (7,511 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I played another household for a couple of seasons, and when i returned to her, she was fine (and proud of not feeling chilled). I don't have a clean save (and not really sure how to send it to you but...) I do think there's a programming error if a chill is even possible when Iceproof is present, but it will either happen again or it won't. It was only an annoyance. Standard smile

Thank you for your help. Gave me hope that it would disappear, and it did.
Message 7 of 63 (7,482 Views)

Hero

Going to tag this as needs input then to see if there's other users that have this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 63 (7,459 Views)

Hero
Added as Needs input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 63 (7,432 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm not sure if mine is related, but as of the latest hotfix patch for GF, my test Sim that has all traits including Iceproof has found herself freezing outside; I thought any Sim with Iceproof couldn't have the risk of freezing to death?

Message 10 of 63 (7,349 Views)