Re: [OPEN] [S] Iceproof Sim freeze to death/get chilled moodlet

by Hadeshy

Original Post

Re: Ice Proof Sim still freezes to death

★★★★★ Guide

Wow, now my BOT is freezing to death??? She didn't die, but she got the mood and all the warnings one after another.

bug.jpg

Message 41 of 63 (1,534 Views)

Aspiration reward store trait "Iceproof" not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for the Industrial kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Purchase the Iceproof trait from the aspiration rewards store... my character then swam in the ocean in Sulani during winter and now she is stuck with the trait not working as it should. It seemed to work before swimming in the ocean.
What happens when the bug occurs? My character has the "Iceproof" trait and positive moodlet showing, however she also simultaneously has the "Chilled" negative debuff. She also has the shivering animations and acts uncomfortable and cold.
What do you expect to see? I expect to not have the negative chilled moodlet while I have the Iceproof trait.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

sims 4 chillded bug.png

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 42 of 63 (1,499 Views)

Re: Aspiration reward store trait "Iceproof" not working

★★★ Apprentice

Also I apologise for the double posting.... these forums seem to be having some bug of its own with the submit and preview buttons

Message 43 of 63 (1,497 Views)

Re: Aspiration reward store trait "Iceproof" not working

Hero
@Rebekyy Merging this with the main thread of iceproof Sims getting chilled moodlets.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 63 (1,473 Views)

Re: Ice Proof Sim still freezes to death

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I had a similar issue in pools and on land, when there was a blizzard, playing as a mermaid. Had given her both of these cold immunity reward traits. But it didn't help.
Message 45 of 63 (1,409 Views)

Iceproof Sim Freezing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.85.203.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get to work, get together, city living, cats & dogs, seasons, get famous, discover university, snowy escape, outdoor retreat, spa day, dine out, vampires, parenthood, laundry day, moschino, nifty knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an iceproof sim in cold or freezing temperature
What happens when the bug occurs? The iceproof sim gets both "chilled" and "freezing" moodlets when they are exposed to the cold. When they are "freezing," they turn blue. My sim was pregnant, so she did not die.
What do you expect to see? Iceproof sims are not supposed to get chilled or freezing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My iceproof sim got the +99 freezing moodlet when they went to "swim laps" in freezing weather. They also got the "chilled" moodlet when their house was cold. Has anyone else had this problem since the latest updates to the game?

Message 46 of 63 (1,133 Views)

★★ Novice

My iceproof sim is uncomfortable inside with the thermostat set to cooler. I'm not sure if this is a bug but it doesn't seem right to me. They should be happy with a cooler thermostat and get to save money.

Message 47 of 63 (954 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same but with heatproof sim in a house set on warmer. 

Message 48 of 63 (847 Views)

Champion

I have some screenshots of this. Merfolk Get their Weather Changing Ability from the Seasons Pack, so I'm always careful to add the Ice Proof Trait so they don't get chilled in the water. Still, this seems to happen primarily when I switch between played households. Tonight, I captured the screenshots I attached.

My only work around so far is a lot trait from Eco Living: Geothermal.

-------------------------------------------------------
I'm a Volunteer. I do not work for EA.
Message 49 of 63 (793 Views)

Champion

This screenshot didn't get attached. One of the things that makes this problem is how important it is that my merfolk can sleep in the water. Because of the Chilled Moodlet, I was in a difficult situation where one of my twin mermen would have either died from hysteria or would eventually succumb to the cold temperatures. The only place I could get him to sleep through the hysteric moodlet was in the water.

Further more, my hysteric sim could not stay asleep. This might be a separate bug, but sleep is the only thing that can overpower a moodlet that can kill? Maybe there is a connection?

I'm a Volunteer. I do not work for EA.
Message 50 of 63 (790 Views)