Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] [IL] No Scout badge progression from fish/frogs in Sulani

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fish or catch frogs in Sulani as a child with the Scout after school activity. I've only been able to test this with a child so far. I'll update later once I'm able to test with a teen as well, but I'm expecting the same result. Tested with my list of mods and custom content active and again with all mods and custom content disabled; results are the same either way.
What happens when the bug occurs? Outdoor Adventurer badge does not gain progression in Sulani while fishing or catching frogs.
What do you expect to see? Fishing and catching frogs in Sulani should result in Outdoor Adventurer scout badge progression, just like it does in other worlds.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. New bug with Island Living expansion pack.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 17 (9,243 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [S] [IL] No Scout badge progression from fish/frogs in Sulani

Hero

Children make progress for their Outdoor Adventurer badge when they catch fish or frogs.

Fixed in Patch 1.90.358/1.61

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (1,678 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] [IL] No Scout badge progression from fish/frogs in Sulani

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (9,141 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Sulani doesn't count for 'Fish in 3 different locations'

Hero
Not only do the fishing spots in Sulani not count towards the fish in 3 spots milestone in the fishing aspiration, they also don't count towards the outdoor adventurer scout badge whereas fishing spots in all the other world do on both.
Message 3 of 17 (9,111 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Sulani doesn't count for 'Fish in 3 different locations'

Hero
@CGrant56 Moved your post over to the thread for the scouts.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (9,102 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same, and I'd typed out a full report before I realized someone had already done one.

Side note: You'd think that beachcombing and building sandcastles should count towards the Outdoor Adventurer badge in the Scouting career as well, but they don't. That's not technically a "bug" though I guess.

Message 5 of 17 (8,990 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I couldn't get any badge-progression for a child-scout fishing in Brindleton Bay yesterday...until I started cancelling the fishing action & then clicking on the fishing sign, over & over.  Each time I re-started fishing that way, my sim got another badge-count for the outdoor activities.  Previously, with a different household in Willow Creek, my child-sim scout would slowly gain badge-counts over hours of fishing.  Have you tried that?  Perhaps this workaround will work for you, too.  Thinking

(I've had similar issues with getting credit for fitness activities, but there I found that replacing the scouting board magically restored the credit my max-motor-skill child should have had towards fitness.  Replacing the scouting board did nothing for the outdoor activity score, though.  For that, I had to fish a moment, cancel fishing, fish again, & then I got credit...too fast, but eh.)

eta:  I do not have IL or the Moschino stuff pack, but do have everything else.  I'm not certain, but based on my experience I wondered if the problem is not limited to IL/Sulani.

Message 6 of 17 (8,977 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, it seems to be Sulani only. As for repeatedly cancelling the fishing action, that didn't count either.

There are ways to deal with that that don't involve taking the kid to a different neighborhood alone. If you have a teen/adult working on the bodybuilder aspiration who needs to work out at a gym, for example, you can take both of them to one of the gym lots and have the teen/adult go work out while the kid fishes and/or looks for frogs nearby.

Message 7 of 17 (8,955 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I can confirm that fishing (I've not tried catching frogs) in Sulani doesn't work towards the scout badge.  As an aside, I've also always found that the length of time fishing has no impact, only starting fishing is what seems to trigger towards the scout badge so I always start and stop, even outside of Sulani (after having my child/teen sims fish for a long time and it only counting as one 'activity' more than once).  I find the same is true with other interactions (programming/using the observatory) so I just thought that was by design. 

Thanks and regards,

Jennifer

Message 8 of 17 (8,908 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This still isn't fixed. I saw the update note about the fishing aspiration, but it didn't fix this problem.

Message 9 of 17 (8,357 Views)

★★ Guide

This is still happening and I can confirm that it happens for the teens as well as the children. Frown

Message 10 of 17 (7,055 Views)