by Psychotps

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] Holiday build/buy folder missing on holidays

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own all expansions, game packs and stuff packs. Absolutely no cc or mods have ever been in my game.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have it be a holiday in game. Click buy/build. There is no holiday folder.
What happens when the bug occurs? Holiday folder is missing. Have to hunt for individual holiday stuff.
What do you expect to see? The holiday folder that contains items and decorations related to the holiday.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing Eco Lifestyle expansion

When in game inside any holiday, clicking the build/buy does not show the holiday folder which contains items and decor specific to that holiday. There is no holiday folder. I am aware this folder doesn’t exist outside a holiday. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 7 (1,007 Views)

Holiday category missing.

★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait until holiday. Hit F2.
What happens when the bug occurs? Holiday category missing on holidays.
What do you expect to see? Holiday category back.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. ECO Living.

The holiday category that normally appears on holidays is gone. You can search for the individual items manually but they are spread throughout the rest, making them difficult to find if you don't know ALL of their exact names.

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 7 (967 Views)

Re: Holiday category missing.

★★★★ Novice
@Psychotps Please stop responding to my posts. It’s a bug and you’ve already posted a reply. Your reply is not a fix. I know you’re trying to keep up your rank but leave me out of your aspiration.
Message 3 of 7 (937 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KimZ1111 They made their own bug report and I merged it into yours as it's the same.

I guess they didn't see you already made one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (895 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@crinrict Thanks. I searched a bunch of times but couldn't find one. I knew if I missed it, you'd find it and merge them anyway. Just covering my bases. Didn't want the bug to get missed.

You're the best!
Message 5 of 7 (889 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Holiday build/buy folder missing on holidays

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@KimZ1111A temporary workaround to this problem. If you search for holiday in the build search bar you'll see all the usual holiday decor

Message 6 of 7 (843 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Holiday build/buy folder missing on holidays

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I'm having this issue as well. The only time I see the Holiday Items category, is if I click the popup the day before. When the popup is gone and I enter Build/Buy (even just seconds after), the category isn't there. It also doesn't show up again on the day of the holiday.

Searching for "holiday" is of course a workaround. I've also filtered by the Seasons and the free Holiday pack, which narrows things down a bit.

Message 7 of 7 (729 Views)