Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Hang This Support Beam spandrel turns completely white in winter

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44.88.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a game (or load a save) that is in the Winter season. Go to a lot, and build a flat (I used the Flat Octagon (Diagonal)). Add the Hang This Support Beam spandrel to it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The spandrel shows as completely white, regardless of which palette selection you choose. If you use any other spandrel, you will see that only the tops of the spandrel turn white; the color is retained on the sides and bottom. Note that this is an outdoors only problem.
What do you expect to see? I expect that the Hang This Support Beam spandrel should function the same way as all other spandrels, with only its top turning white during winter.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. New in Seasons

Here is an image of the spandrel with others shown to contrast: spandrelprob.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 6 (1,922 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [S] Hang This Support Beam spandrel turns completely white in winter

Hero

Hang This Support Beam spandrel no longer turns white when it snows outside.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (813 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

I still have this issue playing on console in March 2021.

Message 2 of 6 (1,465 Views)

Season’s spandrels are blank when used on Mt Komorebi lot

★★★ Newbie

I’m not sure if it’s just me, but every time I try to build on Mt Komorebi lots, the spandrels that come with Seasons are just a blank white, no matter which color swatch I choose. I know it isn’t snow because it doesn’t look like that with any of the other spandrels. They work in all the other worlds.

Message 3 of 6 (1,411 Views)

[Fixed] [SE] [S] Seasons Spandrel is Blank in Mt. K - Yukimatsu Zone

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All up to and including High School Years
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the Season Spandrel on any lot in the Mount Komorebi, Yukimatsu zone.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Seasons spandrel shows as blank with no detail in the Mount K, Yukimatsu zone. What shows does not match the white swatch either as the bolt detail for that swatch is darker than the woodwork so no color is being applied. It is completely blank. This is the only zone where this occurs. All swatches of the spandrel show up in all other worlds and the other two Mount K. zones. This has been occurring since Snowy Escape was released. Edit: This happens with and without mods and CC.
What do you expect to see? That the spandrel will show the appropriate color swatch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Snowy Escape.

The Seasons spandrel shows as blank with no detail in the Mount K, Yukimatsu zone. What shows does not match the white swatch either as the bolt detail for that swatch is darker than the woodwork so no color is being applied. It is completely blank. This is the only zone where this occurs. All swatches of the spandrel show up in all other worlds and the other two Mount K. zones.  The attached pic shows how it looks in Mount K and 3 other worlds.  The same swatch is shown for each location.

Seasons Spandrel.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 4 of 6 (1,432 Views)

Hero

Hang This Support Beam spandrel no longer turns white when it snows outside.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (814 Views)

Re: [SE] [S] Seasons Spandrel is Blank in Mt. K - Yukimatsu Zone

★★★★★ Pro
  • Hang This Support Beam from the Seasons Expansion Pack no longer appears blank when placed on the Yukimatsu lot.

This was fixed and the patch notes say above in 1.99

Message 6 of 6 (794 Views)