Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Good Deeds Badge Not Fulfilling for Teen for Funny Interac

by wildirishbanshee

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] Good Deeds Badge Not Fulfilling for Teen for Funny Interaction

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Spa Day, Strangerville, Parenthood Stuff Packs: My First Pet Stuff, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim join the Scouts career as a teen Have a Sim perform interactions under the funny category to fulfill the badge
What happens when the bug occurs? When performing funny interactions the badge does not fulfill when Sim is a teen.
What do you expect to see? The teen Sim to get points for performing funny interactions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The description of the badge states:

Entertain a toddler, make someone laugh, take out the trash, or help someone with their homework.

The code for making a Sim laugh is only available for child Sim funny interactions.  The funny interactions for teens are missing in the code.

Message 1 of 9 (11,215 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Good Deeds Badge Not Fulfilling for Teen for Funny Interac

I ended up buying my teen a regular trashcan just so she could take out the trash a bunch of times for this badge, as she's a teen living alone.

Message 2 of 9 (10,866 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Good Deeds Badge Not Fulfilling for Teen for Funny Interaction

★★★★ Novice

Please fix this problem.  I had throw out 6 full plates of edible food and take out trash each time to fill this requirement for my teen.

Message 3 of 9 (9,426 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I have the nano trashcan (I got addicted to those when there was the bug where outside trashcans overflowed and the suggested workaround was to sell your full trash can and buy a new one) and usually temporarily replace the trash cans, then make my teen repetitively get chips and then cancel, throw them away, and empty the trash.  In one save I have a retail lot that I send the kids to for this, lol.

Message 4 of 9 (9,418 Views)

Champion

I just tried having a teen in scouts for the first time and noticed this bug.  Hopefully it gets fixed eventually.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 5 of 9 (9,223 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same problem with me.  Maids never clean dust.  It was my understanding that maids were supposed to autonomously vacuum with their own vacuum regardless of whether the household owns one or not. 

Message 6 of 9 (9,083 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem, one way to really work around it is to make sure you don't have a dishwasher and a garbage can in the house first. Make a party sized meal ( I had my sim make dumplings for 8) have them pick up a serving, then in their inventory click on the plate and select clean up, the sim will throw the food away, wash the plate, then once their done, click on the garbage and select empty trash, repeat 8 times and your sims will earn their Civic Responsibility and their Good Deeds badges!

Message 7 of 9 (5,455 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Still occurring Sept 2023. I ended up needing to find a random toddler and had to entertain them.

Message 8 of 9 (3,031 Views)

★★★ Newbie

2024 Still an issue. I ended up putting a dumpster on the property (teen living alone) and then meal diving and throwing out the spoiled food into a regular trash bin and emptying the trash bin.

On a side note I got a crystal while diving for meals.

Message 9 of 9 (749 Views)