[OPEN] [S] Getting Gifts from Father Winter doesn't work properly

by bae281995

Original Post

Re: Child Sim doesn’t have option to ask father winter for present

Hero
@_awkwardlezbean Gifting seems to be a bit broken. Reports differ from what is happening but I merged your post with the main bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 44 (7,590 Views)

Re: Child Sim doesn’t have option to ask father winter for present

★★★★★ Novice

None of my sims of any age can ask Father Winter for a present. The option isn't there for any of them, nor is the option to fight for presents. They can gift him one, but they cannot ask for present.

Message 12 of 44 (7,538 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Getting Gifts from Father Winter doesn't work properly

★★ Guide

Most likely father winter has moved into an empy lot causing this. You have to evict him.

Message 13 of 44 (7,512 Views)

Father Winter

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.assests.live2_console.sp20.45
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together Get Famous Laundry Day Stuff Perfect Patio Movie Hangout Luxury Party Throwback Fit Cool Kitchen Stuff Toddler Stuff Decor to the Max Courtyard Oasis Paranormal Stuff Blooming Rooms Industrial Loft Eco Lifestyle Strangerville Snow Escape Carnaval Streetwear Fashion Street Incheon Arrivals Discover University Jungle Adventure Outdoor Retreat Cottage Living Country Kitchen Vampires Realm of Magic Island Living Seasons Tiny Living Parenthood Cats & Dogs My First Pet City Living Spa Day Get to Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? During Winterfest, attempt to Ask Father Winter for a Present
What happens when the bug occurs? The social interaction to ask Father Winter for a present either does not appear, or, if it does, the individual asks, Father Winter laughs, and then no present is exchanged
What do you expect to see? The option to ask Father Winter for a present, or for Father Winter to give a present
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Within the last year, Father Winter has stopped providing gifts to Sims. Either the Sim cannot ask (the interaction in the menu does not show up) or once they ask Father Winter for a gift, he gives them nothing. (I have only had the option to ask once, with a toddler). 

Message 14 of 44 (7,512 Views)

Father Christmas Won't Gift to Toddlers

★★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work Get together City living Cats & dogs Seasons Get famous Island living Discover university Eco lifestyle Cottage living High school years Growing Together Outdoor retreat Spa day Dine out Vampires Parenthood Jungle adventure StrangerVille Realm of magic Movie hangout stuff Vintage glamour stuff Laundry day stuff Tiny living stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Toddler ask Father Winter for a gift.
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddler will not receive gift, despite asking for a gift.
What do you expect to see? Toddler to receive a gift from Father Winter. OR, not have it be an option for Toddlers if they cannot complete this interaction.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The Toddler will ask Father Winter for a gift, and he will respond positively, but no gift will be given. Toddler will gain a sentiment toward Father Winter of "Jamtastic Gift", but was not given jam/canned goods. The "Father Winter" tradition does not complete for the sim.

Please let me know if you need any additional information!

Message 15 of 44 (7,265 Views)

Can't ask Father Winter for present

★★★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons is the relevant one. I also have Werewolves, Vintage Glamour, Vampires, Spa Day, Perfect Patio, Movie Hangout, Moschino, Island Living, Holiday Celebration, Get Together, Get To Work, Discover University, Desert Luxe, Cats & Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On Winterfest, have Father Winter show up. Greet him. Open interaction menu and open all options. If it matters, I had classic pie menu interactions selected.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no option to "Ask for Present" anywhere.
What do you expect to see? An "Ask for Present" option, which existed before the latest patch. Maybe just under "Friendly", or maybe under a subcategory (Small Talk, Activities, what have you.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 1.96.365.1030 - didn't have this problem before this patch.

I haven't yet tried disabling my mods, but I have no mods that ought to be impacting Father Winter in any way, and I was using the same mods pre-patch. I can try without the mods later.

Message 16 of 44 (7,323 Views)

Re: Can't ask Father Winter for present

★★★★★ Newbie

Can infants ask for gifts?

Message 17 of 44 (7,287 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Dunno, and it doesn't apply to this bug anyway. My Sim was a Young Adult.

Message 18 of 44 (7,267 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Upon going over the topic after the merge with a previous topic, I see a suggestion to evict Father Winter from his house. THIS WORKED. So if anyone else is having the same problem I am, just find Father Winter and put him out on the streets.

Message 19 of 44 (7,190 Views)

No option to Ask for Present after 2023 update to social menu

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? EP05 1.assets.beta-ep05.72
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Blooming Room, Decor to the Max, Vintage Glamour, My First Pet, Spooky Stuff, Werewolves, Vampires, Realm of Magic, Dream Home Decorator, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Strangerville, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Seaons, Get to Work, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover Univerity, Get Together, Eco Lifestyle.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ???? How would I know that? You can't even find out what packs I have despite having a connected account????
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't fulfill the Father Winter thing for Winterfest because the new menu is incredibly hard to navigate or it doesn't show at all. So my sims go through every Christmas unfulfilled because of it. It doesn't show up for any of my sims, including the kids. I also have a fireplace and everything. Just no option.
What do you expect to see? A simple menu with the option to ask father winter for a present.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes

I just want to say the new menu is awful and we should at least have the option to revert to the menu before the update. Also, infants should've been pack dependent. I don't want to have infants.

Message 20 of 44 (7,132 Views)