Re: [OPEN] [S] Toddlers can't get gift from Father Winter/ No interaction for ad

by Kkpoopoo420

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] Getting Gifts from Father Winter doesn't work properly

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.171.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Father Winter over during Winterfest. Make the toddler ask for gift from Father Winter.
What happens when the bug occurs? There's the interaction to "ask for gift" or something. When I click it, nothing happens, no matter how many times I click. It never happens.
What do you expect to see? For Father Winter to give gifts to toddlers.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Toddlers cannot receive gifts from Father Winter, no matter how many times I click the "ask for gift". It only seems to happen to toddlers. I don't know about children. It works well on young adults though.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title. Merged another thread into this with 6 me too.

Message 1 of 44 (11,859 Views)

Re: [S] Toddlers cannot get gift from Father Winter

★★★ Novice
@bae281995 Have you tried to hold shift and click the toddler and then clicked "reset object (debug)" sometimes when i have an problem with these kind of things it helps <3
Message 2 of 44 (11,591 Views)

[S] Father Winter Not Giving Gifts

★★ Guide

What is your current game version number? 1.87.40.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All to date.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Talk to Father Winter during Winterfest when he visits and try to Ask for Present
What happens when the bug occurs? My toddler has an "Ask for Present" option, my young adult sim only has an option to "Fight Father Winter for Presents". When the toddler asks for a present, no response occurs. If my young adult sim fights for a present and she wins, no present is given.
What do you expect to see? I expect gifts from Father Winter.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

OneDrive Save File - I've been able to repeat this on my save 100% of the time. Father Winter shows up shortly after the save point, my toddler has the option to Ask for Present, however nothing happens. My young adult sim does not have the Ask for Present option, however she is able to Fight for Presents. I had her fight for presents a few times, and nothing happens upon winning the fight.

Message 3 of 44 (11,814 Views)

Re: [S] Father Winter Not Giving Gifts

★★★ Guide

Experiencing this today on 1.89.214.1030 with all packs and kits.

https://simfileshare.net/download/3245428/ save file can be found here

never modded

Message 4 of 44 (11,624 Views)

Re: [S] Father Winter Not Giving Gifts

★ Guide

This is happening on console (XBox Series S) as well. Other ages receive presents when requesting them normally. Nothing for toddlers or older Sims fighting. 

Message 5 of 44 (11,602 Views)

Can't ask Father Winther for presents

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except Carneval Streetwear Kit, Decor to the Max Kit, Werewolves, Journey to Batuu and Grim Reaper's Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When Sims from my households are chatting with Father Winther when he appears in the house on Christmas Eve, the option to ask for a present is not there. And it doesn't matter if it's a toddler, child, teen, young adult, adult or elder.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option to ask for a present is simply not there when politely chatting with Father Winther on Christmas Eve. The only way to complete the Father Winther tradition is by being mean to him (Fight Father Winther for Presents).
What do you expect to see? I expect every member of the household to be able to politely ask for and receive a present from Father Winther, and complete this tradition whitout Fighting for Presents.

Can't attach screenshots right now. 

Message 6 of 44 (11,536 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Toddlers can't get gift from Father Winter/ No interaction for ad

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. None of my sims can ask for present. I have young adults, teens, and children. i've tried the shift/click reset object thing, and it doesn't correct it. Frustrating. 

Message 7 of 44 (11,326 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Khaat This is happening to me to on Xbox series S. Lemme tell you how I fixed the issue. If he is living or moved into a household in your world he won’t present the opportunity to ask for gifts. So check and see if he is living in world. If he is then evict him from whatever household he is in. Then go edit him in manage households and make it so he can’t move into the world or die of an accident. I did this and it worked.
Message 8 of 44 (11,221 Views)

Child Sim doesn’t have option to ask father winter for present

★ Guide

My toddler sim had the option to ask father winter for a present, but the child sim didn’t even have the option to ask. She made a friendly introduction, and there was the option to give him a present but no option to ask for one. It says she loves the tradition and to ask him but it’s not an option for her.

Message 9 of 44 (10,597 Views)

Re: Child Sim doesn’t have option to ask father winter for present

★ Guide
@_awkwardlezbean I also just had my toddler sim ask for one twice and he got excited like he was going to give him a present but then father winter just walked away
Message 10 of 44 (10,592 Views)