by RarestMiller57

Original Post

Re: Freezing to Death in Summer/ Overheating in Winter

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
Message 11 of 68 (3,572 Views)

Re: Freezing to Death in Summer

★★★★ Pro

@SimGuruIcarus I sent my save last night for another issue; it was the same save as I’ve only been playing that save since installing Seasons. However, I’ve since given my sims the trait where they never freeze, so am wondering if that will have an impact? I can see how far I can roll back using the recover option if that would help (ie at least to before they have the trait). Let me know if you’d like that or if what I’ve already provided is enough (or you’d just like it again relabeled Standard smile). Thanks!

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 12 of 68 (3,557 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Freezing to Death in Summer

★ Guide

I have the same issue but the other way around, my sim keeps dying of overheating in the middle of the winter! Not even making snow angels in his swimming trunks saves him! I even have the traits for hot and cold weather not affecting the sim (which I got after I had to plead for this guy's salvation from Grim Reaper for the third time!). 

Message 13 of 68 (3,518 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same issue here, never EVER used any cc or any mods. The temperature is hot outside, it is the middle of Summer and the Sim is freezing outside with warnings popping up and him turning pale blue-ish. I noticed it happens mostly during the night time but it did happen once in daylight. Repairing the game as I do it whenever I see a bug does not help. Wow Seasons came out sooo enormously buggy :-(

Message 14 of 68 (3,500 Views)

Re: Freezing to Death in Summer/ Overheating in Winter

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi @Purrloin9

We have not been able to reproduce this issue yet, would you also be willing to share you dxdiag and config.log with us?

You can find your config.log file in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4

As for Dxdiag:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

That would be very helpful!

If anyone else is interested in giving us a hand, please also send us your saves, dxdiag and config.log. It will be appreciated! Standard smile

Thanks everyone!

Message 15 of 68 (3,467 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 99% of time
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ??
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are gardening or playing in the sprinkler
What do you expect to see? Not freezing to death in the middle of summer
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?  No- clean game
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seasons
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All that being said, only common thing I notice is the freezing sims are all Elder.

freezing.jpg

Message 16 of 68 (3,447 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
My Sim froze to death as well, and had been playing in the sprinkler earlier. But she's a young adult. The weather outside was SLIGHTLY cold, but just barely. I tried changing her into winter clothing, took a shower (I have no idea if that helps, it worked on another Sim of mine who was cold during the winter and it helped, but it could've just been going inside), and changed the thermostat to warm, but she still died.
Message 17 of 68 (3,348 Views)

Re: Can't plant most plants - always says too cold even when it is hot

★★★ Newbie

Same exact thing for me just 3 days ago

Message 18 of 68 (3,280 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine was a young adult male out gardening in the middle of summer. The temp was hot. Got the warning, changed his clothes to winter clothes and he died right after he changed. 

Message 19 of 68 (3,278 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I have sort of the opposite problem? Sims are acting like they're super hot in the winter. No one's died yet, but it's ... weird.
Message 20 of 68 (3,231 Views)