Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Freezing to Death in Summer

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ??
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ??
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim was in the middle of her living room, in summer fully clothed and she froze to death, I exited and came back the exact same thing happened. Freezing to Death in the summer glitch! lol
What do you expect to see? Not freezing to death in the middle of summer
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seasons

Hey I was wondering if someone could help me with a glitch! My sim was in the middle of her living room, in summer fully clothed and she froze to death, I exited and came back the exact same thing happened. Freezing to Death in the summer glitch! lol

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 68 (12,575 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't plant most plants - always says too cold even when it is hot

Hero

Sims won't freeze to death in the Summer when interacting with sprinklers. Someone must’ve forgotten to turn the air conditioner off… we’ll be sure to hand out blankets next time!

Fixed in Patch 1.94.147/1.68

The patch notes seem pretty specific and I'm not sure if that's all there was to this bug so, if you still see it, make a new thread. Try to be as specific as possible when it's happening.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 68 of 68 (3,285 Views)

All Replies

Re: Freezing to Death in Summer

Hero

Hi @lizabethlocke

are you using custom content or mods in your game ?

What does the temperature say ? Is it a hot or a cold day ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 68 (12,510 Views)

★★ Novice
Temperature is warm and she was inside. I have no mods or custom content at all.
Message 3 of 68 (12,492 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

There was an issue yesterday with the bug forum where the template wouldn't work. That's why I moved your post here (though you had posted in a different forum and your post was moved to the bug forum).

The template is back in working condition now so I moved this back.

Could you edit your first post and add the information asked on the template ? You can do so by clicking on the three dots on the first post

@lizabethlocke

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 68 (12,478 Views)

Re: Can't plant most plants - always says too cold even when it is hot

★ Apprentice

I'm unsure if this is related, but my sim froze to death in the summer while gardening. It was hot out and I had put his winter outfit on after the warning, but he froze to death anyway. I don't play with mods or cc.

Message 5 of 68 (12,415 Views)

★ Apprentice

My sim froze to death in the summer while gardening. It was hot out and I had put his winter outfit on after the warning, but he froze to death anyway. I don't play with mods or cc.

After he died, I exited the game without saving then went back in. Again I got the warning about it being cold so I had my sim go inside and light the fireplace to warm up.

Message 6 of 68 (12,430 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I had this same issue, though managed to avoid my sims freezing to death by changing them into their cold weather clothing.  It was summer for me and the temperature was warm, however there was a thunderstorm going on.  I first got the notification when I had my one sim travel to the museum in Willow Creek and managed to avoid her dying and when she returned home I had the same message about her boyfriend, and I also changed him to cold weather clothing and added a thermostat to the house and set it to warm.  I have no mods/cc, and clear my game cache pretty much every time I play. I tweeted SimGuruNick about it too.  Are you still looking for this to be reported using the template?

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 7 of 68 (12,413 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

This happened to me too. I was having an outdoor party when two of my sims started turned blue and started freezing even though it was summer. I even put them in their cold weather clothes, sent them home, bought a thermostat and set it to warm, but none of it helped. One of them actually ended up dying. I had to exit out the game to save her...

Message 8 of 68 (12,401 Views)

Hero
Adding for amount of reports

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 68 (12,381 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello @lizabethlocke @MapleSimmer @g01denswan @Purrloin9

Would any of you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!         

Message 10 of 68 (12,357 Views)