[FIXED] [S] Easter Egg hunt tradition not fulfilling

by HeidiGrrrl

Original Post

Re: [CoL] Egg Hunt Tradition Broken/Can't Find Collectible Eggs

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Same here. The Cottage Living eggs are the ones sims find on an egg hunt now instead of the decorative/collectible ones. 

If it IS by design, then AT LEAST make finding the Cottage Living eggs during an egg hunt fulfill the Egg Hunt tradition, because as of now, it does not. There's currently no way to complete an egg hunt in the game because the tradition spawns a different kind of egg than is required to complete said tradition.

At the risk of stating the obvious, if you're going to change the type of eggs that spawn during an egg hunt, then you need to change the tradition fulfillment requirements to match that type of egg. Pro tip: Find/Replace works wonders when code needs to be updated in multiple places. 

Fix this please. 

EDIT: Confirmed. You cannot complete an egg hunt on a lot that has a chicken coop. (#Irony) If a coop is on the lot, the game spawns chicken eggs instead of decorative ones for the egg hunt. I sent my sims to visit another household that does not have a coop, and they were able to complete the egg hunt on that lot. 

Without looking at the code, I'm guessing there's nothing to distinguish between egg types as it relates to spawning on lots. Spawn eggs always equals chicken eggs if there's a coop on the lot. Tag the decorative eggs needed to complete the egg hunt tradition with an identifier, then update the eggs in egg hunt requirements to include that same identifier. 

Message 11 of 21 (1,635 Views)

Re: [S] Easter Egg hunt tradition not fulfilling

★★★★ Apprentice
@sarahnitysimmer That's fine and dandy, but it still doesn't complete the tradition of "Egg Hunt", so that's broken.
Message 12 of 21 (1,621 Views)

Re: [S] Easter Egg hunt tradition not fulfilling

★ Guide

I have same issue as well after Cottage Living pack installed when Sim is on  their lot with chicken coop I get regular eggs of varying colors. I can travel to other lots in cottage living (ex. the bar) that do not have coops and find Easter Eggs that are for hunt tradition. Have not tried/tested in other worlds with lot that has chicken coop.

I own all packs except the kits. Also do not use any mods.

Message 13 of 21 (1,597 Views)

Re: [CoL] Egg Hunt Tradition Broken/Can't Find Collectible Eggs

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@BitterBubblyWell that's good to know that this problem only happens if you only have a chicken coop. Before I found this thread I thought that it was only a Henford on Bagley thing however it's still annoying either way. Hope they fix this soon!

Message 14 of 21 (1,533 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Easter Egg hunt tradition not fulfilling

★★★★★ Novice
@HeidiGrrrl I had this happen too. I was actually really glad to get the farm eggs cause I needed the coloured ones for something I was doing, but they should update the game so that the farm eggs count.
Message 15 of 21 (1,472 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@HeidiGrrrl The only way I found to get any of the collectable eggs was to fight the flower bunny for them. Problem with that is that you lose reputation very quickly that way -.-
Message 16 of 21 (1,395 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Well, that's not something I would do. He's too cute! EmbarrassedHeart LOL! Anyway, I'm not so much interested in collecting them as I am just being able to complete the tradition! I sell them after I collect them every year on the holiday.

Message 17 of 21 (1,392 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I'm on Xbox and same just happened to me, too. I originally thought they also found the collectible eggs but discovered they didn't since the tradition didn't complete. 

Reading these other replies I'm guessing I'll have to go to the bar or something so I can complete the tradition. But hopefully they'll fix this to where both egg types can count towards the tradition.

Message 18 of 21 (1,178 Views)

bug collectables

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except modern menswear kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? create an event with collecting eggs as a task
What happens when the bug occurs? when collecting eggs from objects you receive chicken eggs not the collectable eggs
What do you expect to see? collectable eggs
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

n/a

Message 19 of 21 (925 Views)

Happens to me as well, had to fight the Flower Bunny for an egg on my lot. Went to Moshyno Meadows, found normal collectible eggs there.

Message 20 of 21 (782 Views)