Re: Sims 4 Snowing when snow is disabled

by RabidCorgi17

Original Post

Re: Mysterious Weather Thunderstorm With Rain Only Setting

★ Guide

One for the record books; With Thunderstorms disabled - my sim just yesterday got /directly/ zapped by lighting mere seconds after unpausing a fresh household - talk about the devil's own luck.

Message 31 of 53 (1,157 Views)

turning off weather options doesn't work

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have the options for rain & snow turned off in the Seasons tab within all the options.
What happens when the bug occurs? Despite having rain & snow both completely turned off (as well as the effects of weather on sims) it still rains WITH thunder and sims still react to it (same with snow & cold) (this does happen when the calendar weather displays a question mark)
What do you expect to see? no rain & no thunder & no snow either nor sims reacting to it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

On different forums (reddit among others) I read that when there's a question mark on the calendar regarding the weather that it can still rain/thunder/snow etc despite everything being turned off in the settings of the game... is this true? sounds kinda odd and there's a reason why I have it turned off, so why is the game still doing this?? in my opinion off means off and not occasionally on

Message 32 of 53 (1,129 Views)

Re: turning off weather options doesn't work

Hero
@107531kop Merged your post

They do seem to still occur during mystery weather but that's currently treated as a bug. Don't think they should occur even then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 53 (1,101 Views)

Re: turning off weather options doesn't work

★★★ Apprentice

This "mystery weather" thing never happened to me when I allowed rain or snow or let all the weather types play out. In preparation for the Eco patch, I removed my Sims 4 folder and let the game create a fresh one for me. No mods at all, and a true fresh start.

My first game takes place in a desert, so I disabled all rain, snow, hail, thunder. Now I get rain, snow, thunderstorms, and mystery weather. It's as though, the game says if Seasons is installed, we WILL give you 4 seasons' worth of bizarre weather, whether you want it or not. I wish there were an option to have only one or two seasons and that the game respected our desire to have the weather we select to have in our games. 😔

Message 34 of 53 (1,053 Views)

Sims 4 Snowing when snow is disabled

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and stuff packs except Eco Lifestyle and Vampires.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Snow and thunderstorms are disabled but appear when all of my sims are on their home lot but when I travel to another lot there is no snow or thunderstorms.
What do you expect to see? No thunderstorms or snow.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have been playing the Sims 4 with Seasons for a while and I got really sick of snow after a while so I decided to disable snow as well as thunderstorms. No matter what I do, they still occur on the sims home lot. If I take the sims to literally anywhere else in the game, there is no snow or thunderstorms but as soon as I return to my home lot its there. It's not mystery weather as it literally occurs everyday during the winter. There is not a single day during the 14 day season that it does not snow. I have tried everything from enabling it and then disabling it again and setting all settings back to the factory settings and nothing works. I don't want to uninstall seasons because I like the general game play but I am absolutely sick of snow. I see it enough in the real world that I don't want it covering everything in my game.

Message 35 of 53 (1,057 Views)

Hero
@RabidCorgi17 Does the weather show as mystery weather when this is happening ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 53 (1,039 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No, it does not. It either says snow, freezing, or blizzard depending on the day. I'm playing in Newcrest and I have tried moving them to other worlds and it happens in all worlds they are in except worlds in which snow doesn't typically appear. 

Message 37 of 53 (1,009 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@RabidCorgi17 Could you try moving your options.ini file to the desktop, then restart the game.

You'll need to redo all settings in options but maybe the change didn't take

There is a known issue for Mystery Weather: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-Disabled-storms-in-options-but-they-will-still-occur/m-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 53 (999 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Disabled storms in options but they will still occur

★ Apprentice

I having an issue similar to this but it not with storms it with my sims be affected by the weather e.g. freezing to death when option is turned off. It happen after eco lifestyle and update verison 1.27 on ps4. 

Message 39 of 53 (1,002 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Disabled storms in options but they will still occur

★ Apprentice

Mine is doing the same as of 06/20/2020. I had everything disabled in the gameplay settings and I still get the weather. The only thing I can think of is it’s a mystery weather day, but that still shouldn’t override settings. I don’t want to disable my seasons pack, but I’m so tempted. I’m over playing with the weather. I miss when it’s just sunny all the time. Lol. 

Message 40 of 53 (980 Views)