Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] [CoL] Can't gift honey to wild animals

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I'm not on my computer right now but it's the most recent one. 1.77.something
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EXCEPT Get Famous, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Parenthood, Star Wars, Dream Home Decorator, Kids and Toddler Stuff, Paranormal Stuff & no kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Collect honey from bees (from Seasons). Click on a fox or rabbit ( haven't tried with birds yet) and select gift drink.
What happens when the bug occurs? The honey shows up as an available option to gift, but the interaction is never completed. It just drops out of the queue.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to gift honey or not see honey as an option if it was not intended.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I pretty much said it all above.  I just remembered I haven't interacted with birds at all yet so I haven't tried with them.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 11 (1,882 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [S] [CoL] Can't gift honey to wild animals

Hero

We’ve fixed an issue where Sims could not gift honey to wild animals. Now, you may gift out honey to your heart’s content!

Fixed in Patch 1.104.58/1.86

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (634 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't gift honey to wild animals

★ Guide

I've also had this problem too. 

Message 2 of 11 (1,807 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@AppleBlossom3Don't know if this is by design but annoying either way

Message 3 of 11 (1,654 Views)

★★ Pro

Yeah I noticed this too. I could give it a try with birds as I have a sim with one of those bird trees in her yard. 

I just wonder.. Maybe honey was originally supposed to go the produce category but somehow ended up in drinks and that's why it doesn't work? 

Message 4 of 11 (1,413 Views)

★ Guide
When CL first came out, I was watching a LP where the person tried to sell honey to the grocery stall and it didn't show up (presumably because it wasn't tagged as "food" available to sell). I wonder if this is related.
Message 5 of 11 (1,371 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@AppleBlossom3 Confirmed, cannot gift honey to a flock of wild birds either!

Message 6 of 11 (1,355 Views)

★ Guide
@siirysiir Well, if I remember correctly honey came with Seasons, and I think there is an interaction to drink honey in order to combat the effects of extreme weather. I think this is why the game considers it a drink. What they forgot to do was make Seasons and Cottage Living work together.
Message 7 of 11 (1,337 Views)

★★ Pro
@AppleBlossom3 Ok interesting, I didn't know that! If you click on a honey jar from a sim's inventory, it gives the option to 'Eat honey' though. Maybe they got confused too and I don't blame them.. After all, honey is a supersaturated liquid and is quite runny (is that even a word?) when it's fresh but gets less and less liquid-y (:D) as times goes by and the sugars crystallize and then it's more edible than drinkable. :D Anyways, please fix! Standard smile
Message 8 of 11 (1,333 Views)

★ Guide
@siirysiir Does it really say "Eat Honey?" It's been awhile since I played. Maybe I was thinking of the Bee Tea you can make in the brewer.... But it does seem like it would be a simple fix.
Message 9 of 11 (1,331 Views)

★★ Pro
@AppleBlossom3 yep. I have my game open now so I can say this with 100% confidence. :D I mean I haven't seen anything honey related during extreme weather (I'm assuming blizzard or just very cold? Can't see how it would help during a heatwave) but I don't think I have checked either so that could still be a thing.. Honey tea gives a happy buff but I don't know if it has any other effects. But yeah, sounds like a pretty straightforward fix..
Message 10 of 11 (1,320 Views)