Re: Chilled/Overheating moodlets when indoors.

by gardenlobster

Original Post

★★★★ Guide
@Psychotps Keep in mind that the moodlet is correct for that because sim was just outside a while back and is cold the chilled moodlet is in the secondary mode and only can cause problems when its in the primary mode.
Message 21 of 36 (2,138 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I had a sim freeze to death inside a spa (the one that comes pre-built with Spa Day) during cold weather the other night. I was playing with mods & CC turned off since the patch. It was Malcom Landgraab working as a massage therapist. I'd set the spa in Newcrest and it was Mystery Weather Day so it's possible it was only cold and not freezing by the time the camera focused on him freezing.

Message 22 of 36 (2,082 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Sid1701d9 Unfortunately not. A lot of the time it happens after spending several days in the house with the heating on for days. I tend to do a lot of jobs that never leaves the house.
Message 23 of 36 (2,026 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Chilled/Overheating moodlets in certain rooms when indoors

★★ Apprentice

I noticed my sim was chilled while in the basement.  I thought that bug was back but she stayed chilled when I sent her up to the living room.  I also noticed that in Sulani, a sim was swimming with blue skin from being chilled.  It was hot and it was outdoors without a thermostat anywhere.  So, they got chilled somewhere else and stayed that way.  The only way I could get the chilled moodlet to go away was to cheat it away.  

I haven't played in a few months so I don't know if this is a recent problem or not.  It wasn't there last time I played.

Message 24 of 36 (1,998 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't think this would help if sims are freezing to death indoors, but I was getting the chilled moodlet inside. I finally made a small mod that widened the temperature range of the neutral temp by ten in each direction from -29 to 29 to -39 to 39 (the temp after heat, outside temp, clothing etc has a range from 100 to -100). I also adjusted all the other temps by the same margin (kind of had to or they'd overlap). There are temp ranges from neutral to cool to cold to freezing, etc. I haven't seen the moodlet return. My guess is the mathematics of what temp a sim indoors on a cold day with regular clothes and a thermostat set to warm is a bit off and wasn't always hitting the neutral range.

EDIT: Maybe, maybe not. Didn't seem to totally fix the problem.

Message 25 of 36 (1,926 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is still happening. Have tried it with thermostats and fireplaces and still nothing. Happens in every household. Had the central heating buff and chilled buff at the same time. What's up with this. Is somebody still working on it? 

Message 26 of 36 (1,863 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, I was a bit off. Not positive, but the way the game stands, this might not really a bug, at least if people are having the problem when it is super cold outside (freezing). It may intentionally leave a gap so that if it's cold enough outside, your sim may still feel it inside, and have to dress warmer, light a fireplace, take a hot shower, etc. But even if it is messed up, I just modded the effective temperature (how many degrees it adjusts a sim's temperature) of the thermostat, widening its range when set to warm/cold from 15/-15 to 25/-25, and that seems to have solved it.

Edit: And a really nice solution I just discovered is modifying the "Loot_globaltemperature_inside_Cold/hot/freezing/burning" and changing the two values to 0. Kind of think it will mean that no matter what the temp is outside, it will be zero inside, which is dead center of a sim's comfort zone. Hopefully it will mean the end to all thermostats, so no need for them on any lots. Never did add much and only annoying to have to put them on community lots.

Message 27 of 36 (1,855 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@CapitanTony Where do we do modify those settings? In an .ini? I love that the sims change clothes for the appropriate weather but the constant freezing/overheating is a nuisance.
Message 28 of 36 (1,789 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've definitely run into this in my game. With the thermostat on heat, and a fireplace lit. In every room without the fireplace my sim will feel the effect. NPC sims also feel the effects and can be visibly seen shivering. Walls and ceilings have all been replaced, thermostat as well. The only workaround I've found that seems to work is to change into an outfit that is properly tagged for cold weather. That won't get rid of the chilled moodlet, but it will turn your sim back to normal if they're looking blue and about to freeze to death. I haven't personally tested if CC clothing tagged as cold weather works, but that may potentially be another option to keep your sims from turning blue as well.

Message 29 of 36 (1,756 Views)

★★ Guide
@Psychotps Yep, same here, though for me it's more random. I just cheat to remove the moodlets but it's very annoying. I also noticed the chilled one won't happen in a room with a fireplace.
Message 30 of 36 (1,701 Views)