by Kittyarow

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [S] Children can't trick or treat/ can't fulfill tradition

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Island Living, Get to Work, Discover University, Parenthood, Vampires. Kids Room, Laundry, and Spooky Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When a trick or treater comes to the door try and have a child give them a trick or treat
What happens when the bug occurs? Children cannot complete the tradition they love, because they're children, and usually can't have an awesome holiday
What do you expect to see? If children are to love a holiday tradition then they should be able to complete it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm really getting fed up with trying to create Halloween in the Sims 4.  Sims 3 was the best example of how to complete an holiday the right way. Halloween is mostly for children and teens so why is that children only get two costumes (not very good ones either) and even then one of them doesn't work! Then not only are they unable to go door to door themselves, which was already annoying, now they can't even participate in trick or treat at all by handing out candy! It's getting ridiculous. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 13 (9,451 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] No Trick or Treating during holiday

★ Apprentice

Trick or treaters now come however there isn't an option to trick or treat with them.

Message 2 of 13 (9,274 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] No Trick or Treating during holiday

Hero
@LovemeTay Moving this over to the current thread.

Are they children or teens or adults ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 13 (9,253 Views)

Trick-or-Treat Tradition Unfulfillable

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything as of 11/3/2020 except: Journey to Batuu, My First Pet Stuff, Fitness Stuff, and Movie Hangout Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a holiday with "Trick or Treat" as a tradition
What happens when the bug occurs? Two issues: Child sim costumes do not match the menu. (If I say wear costume --> Sausage, they will change into a random outfit, but not a costume -- adults and Yoda seem to work fine) Sims cannot go trick-or-treating to fulfil the trick-or-treat tradition. Adult and teen sims can fulfill the tradition by giving candy away, but child sims (who by default "love" this tradition cannot give candy away and cannot trick or treat themselves. So they have a bad holiday anytime this tradition is used)
What do you expect to see? Child sim costumes work once more. Child sims can go trick or treat.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've tried a few times to have my sims celebrate Spooky day and seem to be running into two issues:

1) Child sim costumes do not match the menu. (If I say wear costume --> Sausage, they will change into a random outfit, but not a costume -- adults and Yoda seem to work fine)

2) Sims cannot go trick-or-treating to fulfil the trick-or-treat tradition. Adult and teen sims can fulfill the tradition by giving candy away, but child sims (who by default "love" this tradition cannot give candy away and cannot trick or treat themselves. So they have a bad holiday anytime this tradition is used)

Message 4 of 13 (9,235 Views)

Re: Trick-or-Treat Tradition Unfulfillable

Hero
@ValkreeQueen I merged your post with the children tradition thread.

For the hot dog costume, please me too this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Hotdog-costume-offered-for-holiday-although-no/t...

The issue is that it's only available in the Digital Deluxe version. It shouldn't be there as an option if you don't have that though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (9,203 Views)

Kid's can't ask for "trick or treat" during spooky holiday

★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Bust the Dust and Fitness kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a spooky holiday, include the "trick or treat" tradition, change into costumes. Click on sims and see if you can find the interaction.
What happens when the bug occurs? The interaction to "ask for Trick or treat" is missing when clicking on other sims. Sim kids also only has two costumes, Yoda and Sausage, but the sausage one only dresses the sims in random normal outfits.
What do you expect to see? The "ask for trick or treat" interaction to be available when the "trick or treat" tradition is active. Also for the costumes to work properly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

Playable kids can't "ask for trick or treat" even when it's spooky day

Message 6 of 13 (8,715 Views)

Re: Kid's can't ask for "trick or treat" during spooky holiday

Hero
@K9DB I merged your post with the existing thread for this.

As for the costume, see this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Hotdog-costume-offered-for-holiday-although-no/t...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (8,680 Views)

Re: Kid's can't ask for "trick or treat" during spooky holiday

★ Guide

While there is no trick or treat interaction for kids, they can still complete the holiday tradition by using the give gift interaction that came with Season (the funny gift does not count though for whatever reason).

Message 8 of 13 (8,673 Views)

Betreff: [OPEN] [S] Children Cannot Complete Trick or Treat Tradition

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am struggling since ages with the Halloween Pack. How can I send them for trick-or-treating as a tradition fulfillment. How do I do that? There is no explore menu either. I also tried sending Sims in costumes to other neighbours. They can only knock their doors and get into the house and that's all :/ This is so frustrating since I never can complete that fulfillment. Even the Adults can't do that since it pops up as a tradition fulfillment. I can't believe, that the devs are ignoring this since almost 4 years now! This is so annoying so please, let a dev take a look into this issue/bug! 

Message 9 of 13 (7,801 Views)

Betreff: [OPEN] [S] Children Cannot Complete Trick or Treat Tradition

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have come to learn that they do not fix anything!  I do not have kids anymore and do not use the trick or treat holiday anymore.  Right now I am not even playing that much as I have another problem that makes gameplay work, not play.  Every NPC that spawns on any lot randomly going into friends list without an introduction or seeing them as my sim was in her bottom basement when 5 more showed up randomly in my sim's friend list!  All these issues go on for years with no fix or solution.  My sim had over 200 friends before I started deleting sims from the game only to get more and more showing up constantly!  I WILL NEVER BUY SIMS PRODUCTS OR EA PRODUCTS AGAIN!   

Message 10 of 13 (3,302 Views)