by jupkmn

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] Calendar Doesn't Change with Current Season

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every expansion and game pack plus the Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, and Perfect Patio Stuff Packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know if there is a way to find the bug rather create a game and play it through all of the seasons. I have gone through every season at least once in my current played game and as I am making my way through the second calendar year of seasons the glitch appeared.
What happens when the bug occurs? I finished my second time in Fall and completed harvest fest and Halloween but when it was supposed to change to Winter it still says it is Fall but has all of the holidays and events that are in Fall AND Winter. The weather matches the season that I am supposed to be in but the calendar no longer says the correct season.
What do you expect to see? I expect the calendar to match the current season that the game is supposed to be in and not repeat the holidays and season I just finished.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. July 10th Patch (PC 1.44.88.1020)

fullsizeoutput_a8d.jpeg

All of the preset holidays (which I left in their original/default seasons) now appear in the wrong seasons such as Winterfest in Fall and Love Day in Winter when Winterfest is supposed to be in WInter and Loveday in Spring. (I deleted Harvest Fest and Halloween which were combined with the winter holidays before I took this picture so that I didn't have to repeat the holidays again and could keep playing my game). I hope my description of the problem was clear enough because I didn't really know how to articulate it into written words.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 20 (3,505 Views)

Re: Calendar Doesn't Change with Current Season

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Gonna give this a me too. This happened to me once. I discovered that the cause of the issue was a holiday that I had put on the first day of the season, which I'm seeing on the calendar in your screenshot. Restarting to a point before the season rolled over and moving the holiday to the second day of the season fixed the problem. I don't think that a holiday on the first day of the season should be causing this issue in the first place, though. Seems like a bug to me.

Message 2 of 20 (3,485 Views)

Hero
Wonder if this is somehow connected t this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Custom-Holidays-don-t-reappear-the-coming-year-Issue/td...

Might merge

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 20 (3,456 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @Lorraine-Simmer @cdbb34player

We haven't been able to reproduce this issue yet.  Would either of you be willing to send save files with this issue? 

If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 20 (3,426 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Calendar Doesn't Change with Current Season

★ Novice

Same happened to me on the second year. However I did not have a custom holiday on the first day of a season as someone else suggested. Perhaps having any custom holidays at all create this issue? 

Message 5 of 20 (3,378 Views)

Hero

@Magzzap would you be willing to share your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (3,359 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi there!

Is anyone still experiencing this issue? We still need saves if you can send those our way! 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks! 

Message 7 of 20 (3,272 Views)

★★ Guide

Hi, this thing is happening to me. After the last day of fall, the same season started again and I just realized when I opened the calendar and I noticed that fall and winter holidays were mixed together. 

Message 8 of 20 (3,132 Views)

Hero

Hi @jupkmn

would you be willing to share your save as asked by @SimGuruIcarus above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 20 (3,124 Views)

★★ Guide

Here the bugged save. Thanks Standard smile

Message 10 of 20 (3,097 Views)