by dhjsim

Original Post

Re: Flower Arrangements Glitch

Hero
Added to the cheats section

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 19 (1,664 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem when i want to put my retail flowershop,( i made my self) from my gallery in another save. The flowers don't look the same. De arrangements are set for sale. I guess, that's not cheating. 

Message 12 of 19 (1,627 Views)

★ Guide

The problem was unfortunately from the beginning with seasons and flower arrangements. Unfortunately, you could never load rooms, houses or shops with ready flower arrangements into the library and bring them back into play in the same condition. With jungle adventures it was also the case that the collections were not stored in the state after analysis but in an underdeveloped state in the library. In jungle adventure it was fixed - it was said. I've never tried jungle adventures myself after the announcement.

Message 13 of 19 (1,594 Views)

Flower Arrangements In Lots From Gallery Don't Place Correctly

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Fitness Stuff and My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place lot with flower arrangements from gallery/library
What happens when the bug occurs? Flower arrangements in lots look odd when placed from your library/gallery. Vases and flowers are not preserved, and instead use the default vase and have four tall, skinny flowers instead of how the arrangement originally looked when the lot was saved.
What do you expect to see? Lots placing with flower arrangements and vases that look like the ones saved with the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I found the bug when I saved a lot with flower arrangements and then placed it again from my library to test it, but I replicated it multiple times with different types of lots. Flower arrangements in the original lots I saved weren't from debug mode, they were crafted by sims. This happens for every flower arrangement and vase that was saved with the lot; it doesn't seem to depend on the type of arrangement or vase. It also doesn't depend on the quality of the original arrangement; almost all of the ones in the original lots were excellent quality masterpieces made by sims with high flower arranging skill. The name, quality, and scent of the flower arrangement are still preserved when the lot is placed. The names of the sims who crafted the original arrangement are also preserved when the lot is placed in the same save. I made a save file with a few lots with flower arrangements (all in Newcrest), both the original lots and the duplicate ones I placed from my library, where you can see the bug. Found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11xhk-f2WYjLgLBp5-I4Ou9WapZIUqXFj/view?usp=sharing

I've also attached screenshots below to show what I'm talking about:

An screenshot from The Sims 4 of a flower shop. A variety of brightly colored flower arrangements in different vases are placed on display tables.

An screenshot of The Sims 4 of the same flower shop, only the flower arrangements now all use the same ribbed green default vase, and the flowers have been removed and replaced with four tall, skinny default flowers in different colors.

Message 14 of 19 (1,501 Views)

floral arangement glitches

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 16701020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but eco and knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? make a floral arrangement put it in your house or a room, save that house or room to the gallery or your library. Place the house or room from the gallery or library on a lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The floral arrangement does not look beautiful and elegant like it did when it went it was saved, instead it is glitched out and the vase disappears.
What do you expect to see? I expect the flowers to look the same when they are placed as they did when they were saved.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Screenshot (90).pngOn the right is what the arrangement on the left should look like. 

Message 15 of 19 (1,413 Views)

Re: floral arangement glitches

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I don't think saving a house with floral arrangements is cheating. In this case I wanted to place them on the tables at the wedding venue for the spark'd challenge. Unfortunately they are not beautiful and in their nice vase they are ugly and vaseless. 

Also my sim is a level 10 floral designer with every boost it is possible to achieve without cheats. 

[Posts merged by CM] 

Message 16 of 19 (1,372 Views)

Re: floral arangement glitches

Hero
@Reekyteek That it also happens through the gallery makes it a non-cheat concern but it's still the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 19 (1,310 Views)

Re: Flower Arrangements In Lots From Gallery Don't Place Correctly

★ Guide

This is happening in my game as well.

It is a reall shame there is no work around either. I do hope they fix it soon. I'd love to build a flower shop and use it in every save (and share it to the gallery) so my Sims can get flower arrangement without having to learn the skill. But it's no use when they all look weird like this Frown

Message 18 of 19 (1,235 Views)

Re: Flower Arrangements In Lots From Gallery Don't Place Correctly

Champion

Hello!  I added a "me too" to this post but the issue doesn't match the OP.  I'm seeing what @magnetuning and @Reekyteek reported.  My sim made flower arrangements that turned out just fine.  When I saved the lot and placed it in a new save, the arrangements were glitched.

This is how they look in the original lot.

Flowers1.png

This is after saving and placing in a new, mod-free save.

Flowers2.png

Thanks to all for sharing! :-)

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 19 of 19 (900 Views)