Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] [S] All Flower Arrangements look the same

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Sims 4 DLC except My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a flower arrangement
What happens when the bug occurs? All the flower arrangements look ugly and the same. Every time I create one through the flower arranging table or place through the debug menu it's this weird not really there version that looks like a few colored sticks poking out from the vase. Someone else reported this bug a year ago on the forum: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16961698
What do you expect to see? Normal looking flower arrangements
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

02-19-19_9-45-40 PM.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 19 (5,312 Views)

Re: Flower Arrangements Glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I would love to see if other people have this same issue because I haven't seen any other threads about this other than https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/944318/selling-flower-arrangements-retail-doesnt-work

I turned off all CC and mods for my game and still the same results.

Message 2 of 19 (5,223 Views)

Hero
What level of the skill is your Sim at ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 19 (5,203 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hey,

I’ve tested this out with a few different sims and this seems to happen regardless of skill level. My main sim is level 8 in flower arranging though.

Message 4 of 19 (5,191 Views)

Hero
Can you cheat one up to level 10 and see if that makes a difference ?

Can you try placing the buy debug ones on the flower arranging table ?

According to some tests @jpkarlsen did for me, the ones placed from buydebug place as unfinished unless you place them on the table.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 19 (5,190 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hey, I cheated my sim up to level 10 and created a bouquet through the flower arranging table. That seems to have temporarily fixed the issue but I had to cheat my sim up in order to solve this.

However, all buydebug flowers still appear abnormal even the ones placed on the flower arranging table.

I have a script mod called enable advanced debug/cheat interactions by scumbumbo. I tried uninstalling this mod thinking it may solve the problem but to no avail. When you create a craftable using this mod, I believe it pulls from the debug menu, and the flowers are still weird looking.

So basically I think it's just an issue with the debug menu flowers as manually creating them seems to work fine now. I hope the sims team fixes this soon though.

Message 6 of 19 (5,179 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

If it's the buydebug stuff, it's not really supported though as cheats are generally unsupported.

To be sure I understand you right though, after pulling the mod, the normally created ones are ok even if you're Sim has a lower skill level ? Or do they need to be at 10 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 19 (5,173 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] All Flower Arrangements look the same

★★★ Guide
I experience this anytime I get them from debug or off the gallery.
Message 8 of 19 (5,168 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] All Flower Arrangements look the same

Hero

Don't think it's a bug that they reset from the gallery though. There's other objects that do that

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 19 (5,162 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

That's a shame, I would love to put these flowers to use more often. I hope the sims team considers fixing this bug. Everything is fine now, thanks for all your help.

Message 10 of 19 (5,131 Views)