[OPEN] Routing failures in Group dance

by CLMerz1948

Original Post

[OPEN] Routing failures in Group dance

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Since the June 2 patch, having trouble with the group dance at nightclubs. I use mods, took them all out, did a clean install per EA's instructions, reset my library to get my groups back, still the same problem. The Sims in a group will dance once or twice, but third time a question mark is displayed above they heads and they just wave off the instruction to group dance again. Haven't seen anyone with this problem.

Message 1 of 11 (3,064 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Routing failures in Group dance

[ Edited ]
★ Pro
Something is definitely wrong with group dancing since the patch.  Tonight my sim was invited to the Ancient Ruins for a party.  When I told my sim to do a group dance she would give the shoo animation as usual but then end up walking to the side, giving the question mark in a bubble thought.  When I tried to select group dance after she put her arm down, the option was actually grayed out.  Hovering over it showed a tool tip that the dance floor was busy.

If I then had her just dance with the group, then click on the ground again, the option for a group dance would again be selectable.  I would have her stop dancing and try again to start a group dance but the results were the same.  I tried multiple times but no group dance was attainable at the Ancient Ruins at all.

Vanilla game, i5-6600 at 3.3GHz, Nividia GTX 970, windows 10, fully updated.

Edited to add experience with club in Pan Europa this morning, with pics.

Had sim click on floor to do group dance.  Got the shoo other sims away, walk to side with question mark in bubble and queue goes empty.  The pic is to show the group dance option was available.

After it failed, I was going to have the sim choose group dance option again.  As you can see in the pic, group dance didn't even appear as a choice.  Note, too, that show off moves is grayed out.  As also shown in the pic, the queue has nothing shown for a current action with the game prompting listen or watch the dj booth, not sure which it was, as the next upcoming action to do.

After multiple attempts, I was finally able to get one group dance to take place but what an ordeal!

Message 2 of 11 (3,024 Views)

Hero

I tested this yesterday but only with two Sims and at my own venue so I'll try this again tomorrow.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (3,003 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Tried the group dance again after advice to move my sims folder to desktop, start and new game and them replace my folders with the original. Still did not work right. I had four sims in my group dance. They dance fine when no other sims are around, no problem. First problem I've ever had with sims 4.

Using windows 7. Nividia graphics, 8 mgs. updated. Mods and cc's

Message 4 of 11 (2,997 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (2,986 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Still no luck with group dance. Have reinstalled my game, factory settings, only reloaded my tray setting so I would have a family,  took out all cc's and mods, but they will only group dance when no other sims are around. Moved the dance floors in the nightclubs, so they didn't overlap, put two in place were there was only one, still not luck. The minute other sims show up, they won't group dance at all. Can't think of anything else to try. Has to be the new patch. Never had any problem with the sims before this.

Message 6 of 11 (2,953 Views)

Hero

I've tested this on a fresh game in my game and to me it's inconclusive.

I'm not seeing the extrem you guys are but I do think one of the routines wasn't really finished as it should.

I've put it on the list for QA to figure out.

Maybe we're also getting more reports.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (2,951 Views)

★★ Guide

I am having this issue too. I just bought GT about a week ago (after the latest patch) and Group Dance, Dance Battles, and Show Off Moves all have routing failtures, unless I manage to get the townies off the dance floor and clear space. It's very disappointing, the dance features was one of the main reasons I bought GT. I've tried with a group of anywhere between 2-8 and it doesn't matter. If somebody else is even a little bit on the dance floor, I get a routing fail. Since I only just bought this, from what I gather, the other sims are supposed to clear the floor for these interactions, yes?

I've been able to do them at the house, so long as I am able to move sims not in the group out of the way so the floor is clear, but I can't do this at venues as I have no control over who shows up.

Message 8 of 11 (2,917 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having this same exact problem.

Message 9 of 11 (2,866 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Routing failures in Group dance

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem, clearly there is some bug with the AI - when someone outside of the group you want to dance with stands on the dance floor (which is all the time), your character tries to shoo them away, then the question mark bubble appears and the activity never happens. I am not using any mods, and I find it ridiculous that something like this hasn't been looked into - having your latest expansion pack in such state with broken mechanisms is frankly embarrasing.

Message 10 of 11 (2,752 Views)