Re: [OPEN] Routing/Sit down issue on several interactions

by SimGuruNick

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Bummer to see this thread is a year old and this issue is still happening! At least now I know it's not just me. Honestly, this issue is making the game unplayable. My Sims can't ever complete party goals because they spend the whole time standing up, walking around, pausing, sitting down, standing up again, pausing, and going to sit in another chair. Having a conversation with one other Sim at a bar venue, my Sim changed seats 6 times. Sitting on a couch, then go and sit at the bar, then go back and sit on the couch again, then go sit at a table, all with those annoying hand on the hip pauses in between. Also, when I cancel actions, they will still go to wherever the action was supposed to take place, regardless. On occasion my Sims will run to the edge of the neighborhood for no reason, and I can't stop them in any way, just wait for them to get there. Seriously. As fun as City Living looks, why am I spending money on this game when it's unplayable? PLEASE fix these year old issues with this expansion!

P.S. I play through Steam on a MacBook Pro. I don't have mods enabled. This issue happens in every household, regardless of what I do, and has pretty much been getting worse with each new flush of content. 

Message 71 of 119 (1,138 Views)

Hero

Are you talking about them playing musical chairs or actually sitting down, getting up and then going on with the interaction they were supposed to do ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 72 of 119 (1,135 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi there

I'm having this problem too.

I bought TS4 Base Game, GTW, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day and Dine Out in the Origin Black Friday sale yesterday.  My game is up-to-date too.

My Bookworm Sim leaves books all over her living room.  If I ask her to put them all away (using the bookshelf spider-wheel command) she will sit down in front of each book on her dining table before putting it away.  This is on one of the tiny starter home lots - Steamlet Single in Willow Creek.

Just confirming this is still a buglet and unfixed.

(I can't find the mod fix anywhere!  *sobs*)

Message 73 of 119 (1,095 Views)

Hero

Do you have any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 74 of 119 (1,087 Views)

★ Novice

Like Tarante11a is experiencing as well, my Sims will sit down and get back up numerous times while putting books away, or having conversations with other Sims. Other weird issues too, like I had one child sim who had to walk to the opposite side of the neighborhood every time she went to school (instead of disappearing outside of their lot like usual.) Because of this, and because I couldn't send her early to school, she spent TWO SIM HOURS running to the other side of the neighborhood. Of course, every day she was considered late and despite doing all of her homework her grades were slipping. All for an error! Honestly I haven't played the game in over a month since it feels rather pointless lately. I was excited about City Living but I'm worried about spending more money on an unplayable game. 

Message 75 of 119 (1,078 Views)

Hero

For the school issue, make sure your front door is still set as front door and then make sure all your Sims are at home. Then change to another family for a min and back to your current one. That should reset the issue.

If not, would you be willing to share your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 76 of 119 (1,073 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you, I will have to try that the next time I experience the issue! As for a Save file, alas, when a Sim family gets too buggy I'll delete it and start a different story. 

Message 77 of 119 (1,057 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello Crinrict, sorry to bring this thread back up since the sit down before putting away left overs etc. has been fixed in my game.  That's all fine however a new one concerning sitting down before putting food or a drink in inventory. They seem to sit down and put a bar drink into inventory if you command them to go do something else.  I also, think I saw one sit down before putting a plate in inventory on my command.  Thanks. I think these two things started after the April 2017 patch.

Message 78 of 119 (980 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Cinebar, I'm unable to reproduce Sims sitting down before putting away food or drink. Are you using the 'Put in Inventory' interaction? Are you also only seeing this on specific lots? Any more details or a screenshot would be much appreciated, thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 79 of 119 (946 Views)

★ Pro
@SimGuruNick
I have that too. Sims sit down again on several commands. Even in the live video from friday you can clearly see the child sitting down first before following the guru's commands such as placing table sets on the table lol.
Message 80 of 119 (925 Views)