[FIXED] Routing Fails while trying to leave/enter room (Agave Abode, Goth, al)

by Random6890

Original Post

Re: Routing Fails When Trying To Open / Go Through Doors

★ Guide

@EuphorialQueen wrote:

@Random6890 

I did another test since you mentioned the other doors (to the bedrooms) were also an issue.

I went into a new save and placed one of my Sims in that house. Less than a day and she was trapped in the bathroom. 

I replaced the bathroom door with a different  single tile base game door.

She has lived there a full week without any door issues.

Workaround:  Replace the bathroom door with any one tile door.

I had this happen at the Goth house and tried the click the door thing a few times and it kept recurring. I finally replaced the bathroom door with one of the 50 Simoleon doors that came with Seasons and it solved the problem. Bonus: more money for the family, which already gets monster tax bills.

Message 31 of 139 (2,173 Views)

Re: Routing Fails When Trying To Open / Go Through Doors

★★★★ Pro

With the Goth house master bathroom it seems like they get stuck between the window-curtains and the bathtub. It works fine for me if I remove the curtains or move the bathtub one step (half a square I think, if I remember correctly) to the right.

Message 32 of 139 (2,151 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Routing Fails on Agave Abode & Goth House

★★★★★ Guide

@J3ss3Andr3w wrote:

I’ve also had issues with this property, but my sim would only do things as I commanded them to. They wouldn’t do anything else unless they had to eat, sleep, or use the bathroom. 

At the time I’m unaware of any other fix besides moving. After doing so, my sims behavior seems to be completely back to normal. 

So you had autonomy issues? Which house? Agave or Goth? (I play with Free Will Off, so I can't personally vouch for if this is true or not.)

@sleekoduck87 wrote:
I had this happen at the Goth house and tried the click the door thing a few times and it kept recurring. I finally replaced the bathroom door with one of the 50 Simoleon doors that came with Seasons and it solved the problem. Bonus: more money for the family, which already gets monster tax bills.

LOL

@SqueamishNerd wrote:

With the Goth house master bathroom it seems like they get stuck between the window-curtains and the bathtub. It works fine for me if I remove the curtains or move the bathtub one step (half a square I think, if I remember correctly) to the right.

Oh? Thinking

Message 33 of 139 (2,137 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Routing Fails on Agave Abode & Goth House

★★★★ Guide

I was looking at the house you mentioned in Oasis Springs, I found something really interesting the two tile door in the bathroom overlaps with the 2 tile door in the bedroom, if you have one sim trying to route from the bedroom to another place the route will fail if someone else is trying to route from some place to the bathroom and vice versa because the doors swing the direction of the areas so if the bedroom do is open anyone trying to get in and out of the bathroom will get a route failure, but if the bathroom door is open anyone trying to get in and out of the bedroom will get a route failure simple fix is to turn one of the doors so its swing goes in and the problem is solved.  Or do both.

Message 34 of 139 (1,797 Views)

Sim can't exit room with unlocked door

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Get To Work, Island Living, Seasons, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim go into the ensuite bathroom in the Goth mansion (without any renovations to the original building) with the bathroom door unlocked for everyone.
What happens when the bug occurs? The door locks once the sim enters and they cannot leave, nor can any other sims enter until you enter build mode and then return to game mode. The sims show the little bubble and animation meaning they can't get to where they were assigned to go.
What do you expect to see? I would expect my sim to exit the bathroom normally after using the toilet or shower.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated with the current patch.

Message 35 of 139 (1,771 Views)

Re: Sim can't exit room with unlocked door

Hero
@feyarcher I merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 139 (1,745 Views)

Doors blocked

★★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except realm of magic and moschino stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The game is fresh started. just moved in a new basegame Oasis Springs house, the sims enter in the bathroom and cannot exit.
What happens when the bug occurs? The door of the bathroom remain "blocked" and to resolve I have to enter in build mode, click on the door and repositionate it in the same position to let the sim exit (or enter) after a while the bug occurs again.
What do you expect to see? I just expect that doors works properly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I uploaded the savegame file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FjfNsw75nVie8-x4OAzZlLS6Qxx7vbFu/view?usp=sharing

Message 37 of 139 (1,737 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Routing Fails on Agave Abode & Goth House

★★★ Guide

I saw this happen in one of my apartments. Used that same door on the bathroom .. my sims got trapped inside the bathroom so I ended up swapping the door, but that was back during IL.

Message 38 of 139 (1,704 Views)

Sims cannot move after using the toilet

★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work and Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim use the toilet. Once they are finished, they are unable to move.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim uses the toilet, stands up and waves their hand in the air to signal they cannot move. Every time they use the toilet, I have to teleport them.
What do you expect to see? The sim should use the toilet and be able to walk to the sink afterwards.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 39 of 139 (1,746 Views)

Re: Sims cannot move after using the toilet

Hero
@vulturebasket Did you try different toilets in different rooms/household and have the same issue everywhere ?

Did you try selling the toilet and buy a new one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 139 (1,717 Views)