[FIXED] Routing Fails while trying to leave/enter room (Agave Abode, Goth, al)

by Random6890

Original Post

Sim unable to move, no object appearing to be in way

★ Novice

I play the newest Version on Xbox One, in English. I would heavily prefer to not have to cheat to fix my glitch, but I’m open to it if absolutely necessary.

the problem I’m having is that my Sims will get stuck in the bathroom and can’t move from there. I’ve tried restarting the game and console, removing objects, and I even deleted the entire bathroom section to try and fix it. I know there’s not an object there because as soon as I go into build mode to look for hidden items, and go back to live mode, the problem is fixed. It’s super annoying to deal with, and I’ve never had it happen before in my other worlds.

Message 101 of 139 (624 Views)

Re: Sim unable to move, no object appearing to be in way

Hero (Retired)
@3748583948 Your issue is a bug. The workaround is exactly what you have done already. Go into build mode and delete/replace the door.

I've merged your post into the bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first page on the first post.

You can also read through this thread to see what others have experienced or used to help.
Message 102 of 139 (602 Views)

Sim Can't Leave Room

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4, University, City Living, Go To Work, Strangerville, Vampires, and the Mexican and Camping getaways.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure. Perhaps it's in the last update somewhere??
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to exit a room, and my sim for some reason, has trouble leaving it. It doesn't occur with a specific action or anything, it happens at random. And I have to fully exit the game and enter back in before it even has a chance of working. Once or twice, I've had to do this multiple times before it works normally. Every time it happens, there's a door on the room, but the sim, for some reason, doesn't go through it.
What do you expect to see? A sim leaving the room normally without trouble.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This occurred after the last update was installed.  Ever since, this has happened randomly.

Message 103 of 139 (621 Views)

Re: Sim Can't Leave Room

Hero
@mark333000 What house are you playing ?

Could this be your issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Routing-Fails-on-Agave-Abode/td-p/8008615 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 104 of 139 (597 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I was inside Bella Goth's house when this issue occurred the other night.

Message 105 of 139 (576 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've had the same thing happen to me in a few homes, including the Goth house. Not from this patch though, from earlier-I find replacing the door fixes it. If it works for you, at least it's simpler than exiting the game.

Message 106 of 139 (567 Views)

Hero
@mark333000 Sounds like the same then. I've merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 107 of 139 (560 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Much thanks for the help!!
Message 108 of 139 (534 Views)

My sim won't get out of the bathroom

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.57.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except luxury stuff and romantic garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Going in the bathroom to take a shower/ use the toilet
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim won't get out of the bathroom
What do you expect to see? My sim getting out of the bathroom
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch from 12/7

When I want my sim to do something after going in the bathroom, they can't get out of it and I have to use the teleport cheat or using the "go there " interaction outside the bathroom before doing anything. It happens in their house and in community lots.

Message 109 of 139 (510 Views)

Re: My sim won't get out of the bathroom

★★★★ Apprentice

This happens to me with Agave Abode and also with the Goths' house.  If I go into build mode and back to live mode, the sim is now able to exit the bathroom.

I don't have to actually replace the door.  If I do, the problem just repeats again next time.  What fixes it for me is switching to build mode and then back to live mode.

Which isn't really a "fix," because I have to do it every time a Sim pees, but oh well!

Message 110 of 139 (418 Views)