Re: [OPEN] Routing Fails on Agave Abode & Goth House

by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

Re: Routing Fails When Trying To Open / Go Through Doors

★★★★ Pro
@RandomBuzziness I took a look at Daisy Hovel and 702 ZenView.

About Daisy Hovel, will the routing error disappear if you turn around the bathroom door or if you change it to a 1-space door? Have you made any changes to that bathroom? Otherwise I can't see any reason why there would be any routing problems there. :/

In 702 ZenView there are two upstairs bathrooms. Do you have problem with only one of them or both? Does it matter what the sim does in the bathroom before the routing fail? Is it when they get up/out from the bathtub/shower, get up from the toilet or after using the basin? Maybe the towel hanger (there's one in each bathroom) can be the cause of the routing fail? Normally I think they can "tunnel" through those types of objects, but maybe those can be the cause of the problem since it's similar to the curtain causing the routing fail in the Goth mansion's master bathroom.

Could you add a picture of the room with the routing issue in your custom-built Sulani lot? Preferably a picture from above with the walls up.
Message 71 of 139 (2,553 Views)

★★★ Expert

Hi @SqueamishNerd  Party hat The best way I can describe the problem in all three of these lots is that the bathroom door is suddenly acting like it is locked. If I go into Build Mode and replace the door, or simply save/exit/reload my game, then the problem clears & it might be many game-days before it happens again. I haven't found any one single activity that seems to trigger it on a predictable basis & it doesn't happen frequently enough for any practical testing. I've only listed the lots where this has happened in my game on multiple occasions.

For the Daisy Hovel lot I did replace the 2-space door with a 1-space door (about the same time I read about this work-around in Post #15) but I can't recall if this permanently fixed the problem with that lot. It's been several months since I have played that lot (lol I have added many Expansion Packs since last July!).

For the ZenView lot it is a 3 x 2 bathroom with pretty much the same layout I use for most of the 3 x 2 bathrooms in my game. For a bathroom that small there aren't many options for how to get everything in there. I can't recall having any problems with this layout on any lot other than this one. I can try deleting the robe and reversing the direction of the door.

ZenView bathroom.JPG

Here is a pic of the Sulani lot. It's happened maybe 4 or 5 times over many days of game-play, so fairly infrequently but not a one-time glitch either. I will try reversing the direction of that door to see if it makes any difference.

Sulani bathroom.JPG

Message 72 of 139 (2,508 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@RandomBuzziness So odd, it really sounds like the doors are the sole problem, but then it’s very odd that it only seems to be in the bathrooms. Maybe doors don’t like to be bathroom doors. 😂

Anyway, maybe you could try removing the hanging towel in the Sulani bathroom, just to make sure it isn’t in the way even though it doesn’t look like it. Only because the Goth mansion had problem with a curtain, so I want to make sure that it’s not a problem with some non-flat wall decorations, or something like that. I’ll take a look in my game too when I have time. 🙂
Message 73 of 139 (2,499 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

To me, it happened at Umbrage Manor and Pebble Burrow lots, and recently at Ophelia Villa, in the small bathroom on the second floor. This is probably not connected with doors, because I had a bathroom in the basement with no doors just stairs to exit, and my Sims were stuck after using the bathroom. This has something to do with the usage of bathroom, after a Sim pees or takes a bath, he/she can't get out. It can be resolved by going to Manage Worlds, or to change Sim's slothes in CAS.

Message 74 of 139 (2,445 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@dirty_milos In the Ophelia Villa the only thing you have to do is to delete the curtains or move the bathtub one step away from the window, then they won't get stuck. Standard smile
Message 75 of 139 (2,442 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Now I've got the same problem in the toilet on the first floor at Ophelia Villa. I have demolished a part of the wall, and now there is just an open entrance to the toilet. I hope the Goths are ok with that solution.

Message 76 of 139 (2,372 Views)

Bathroom Glitch

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a new game, and have the sim use the bathroom. They should be able to go into it once, but then they get stuck there. When you try to leave the bathroom, it says that the sim cannot move and objects are in the way. Alternatively, if you try to go to the bathroom, it will say objects are in the way, even when there are none.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims complain that there are objects in their way, and they either can't leave or can't go into the bathroom. I've moved all of the bathroom appliances around, and even changed the door to an archway in case it was the door glitching but it still continues. Sims are unable to enter bathroom or unable to leave the bathroom.
What do you expect to see? Your sims constantly peeing themselves or missing work because they're stuck in the bathroom.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hello, there is a glitch in my sims 4 in which sims either cannot leave the bathroom, or are unable to leave the bathroom. This becomes very annoying very quickly, as they either pee themselves constantly, or they miss work/school. I have tried resetting all of the objects in the bathroom, have reset the sims, and have even changed the door to the bathroom into an archway thinking it was a glitch with that. The archway worked for a fraction of a second, but later on the sims were continuing to pee themselves or getting stuck into the bathroom. I've moved all of the objects around, expanded the bathroom, and have made sure that nothing was in front of the doorway. The sims are able to move around the rest of the house normally, and the bathroom completely normally, it's just getting out and in that's become a continuous problem. It's extremely annoying, and the only way to get them out is to transport them to another part of the house. I have no mods installed. 

Message 77 of 139 (2,363 Views)

Re: Bathroom Glitch

Hero
@sookieduel Merged your post with existing thread on this.
Which lot are you playing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 78 of 139 (2,321 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Routing Fails when trying to leave bathroom (Agave Abode, Goth, al)

★★★ Apprentice

Exact same thing happens to me. Only solution I found was to go into buy/build mode, move the door, and put it back in the same spot. It's happened to me with multiple save files always in that one house. It doesn't do it every time though. I only realize they're stuck in there when they're standing in there playing on their cell phone XD

Message 79 of 139 (2,337 Views)

My sim can't enter a room

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure, by building a room I guess. It happens sometimes and I don't know why.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim won't enter a room and there's nothing on his way. He just does the animation when something is on the way and the thought bubble appears (the one that means there's something on the way).
What do you expect to see? My sim entering the room.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed some mods (pretty popular ones) but I took them out.

Hi! So my sim won't go into a room. There's nothing in his way, I took all the furniture out of the room and even deleted the wall where the door was. I also tried deleting the roof. I disabled all mods and custom content. 

Message 80 of 139 (2,409 Views)