Re: Why do my Sims keep getting stuck in the bathroom?

by MonicaMarieV

Original Post

Re: [XB1] Sim is stuck after using bathroom

Hero
@somnay The goth one ?

I suspect it's this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Routing-Fails-on-Agave-Abode/td-p/8008615/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 139 (1,855 Views)

Re: [XB1] Sim is stuck after using bathroom

★ Guide
@crinrict It may be a routing failure with doors. For some reason doors that place correctly without using MOO into a bathroom seem to collide with a previously correctly placed sink or toilet. Moving/rearranging bathroom sinks/toilets and making the bathroom a bit bigger seems to fix this weird issue. I've seen a lot of reports with people saying their Sims can not get into or out of the bathroom and have experienced this myself with a few older games after playing them after a patch. Can't remember which patch is started after though, sorry, but fairly recently.
Message 62 of 139 (1,830 Views)

Re: Routing Fails When Trying To Open / Go Through Doors

★★★ Novice

The same issue has been happening in my game at Ophelia Villa/Goth Household, and it seems to be linked to the same door (Wooden Prairie-Style Two-Panel Door). In Mortimer/Bella's master bedroom, anyone who goes into the ensuite bathroom seems to get stuck. I have tried replacing the door with the same kind, which seems to resolve the issue for a short time, until it happens again. I've tried destroying the room and rebuilding it but that doesn't work. So I replaced it with a different type of door and so far I have not experienced the issue again. The doors seem to work in every other room however.

Message 63 of 139 (1,465 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Arcane_Antics I solved it by moving the bathtub one step to the right. To me it seems like it’s the position of the bathtub and window curtains that get them stuck. I also tried to have the bathtub in its original place and remove the curtains, that also solved the problem.
Message 64 of 139 (1,441 Views)

Why do my Sims keep getting stuck in the bathroom?

★★★ Newbie

My Sim will go to the bathroom, then when I try to get them to do something else, ie go to bed, get food, etc...my Sim will display the "can't go there" symbol over their head. I've had to shut down & restart the game at least 4 times because of this issue. 

Message 65 of 139 (1,504 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@MonicaMarieV What lot are you on when this happens? Can you please confirm if this is the issue you are facing?: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Routing-Fails-on-Agave-Abode-amp-Goth-House/m-p/8008615#M...

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 66 of 139 (1,465 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I am in Umbrage Manor (if that helps) a premade lot. I'm still relatively new to the game, so maybe I'm not understanding the game play?? 

Message 67 of 139 (1,458 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@MonicaMarieV Does the issue just happen when exiting the bathroom? Are they unable to exit the bathroom and go to a specific location in the hall outside or other location after indicating they cannot go where you direct them? Have you altered the bathroom? Do you have Mods or Custom Content? Can you please share a screenshot of the bathroom?

Edit... I have found out that Umbrage Manor has also had the issues in the Bug Report I mentioned. Please check the bug report for workarounds (ways to address the issue while waiting for a fix). You can also 'Me Too' the report. Thanks!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 68 of 139 (1,454 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Hi @SheriGR Party hat This has also happened to me on three different lots so far:

- the Daisy Hovel in Willow Creek

- the 702 ZenView apartment in San Myshuno (the upstairs bathroom)

- and a custom-built residential lot I created in Sulani

@MonicaMarieV When my Sim gets stuck in a bathroom like this, I just go into Build Mode and replace the door & when I go back to Live mode my Sim is no longer stuck. If it's in a location where it's happened before I use the most inexpensive door possible so as not to be wasting too many Simoleons. Other players are reporting that this seems to prevent the problem from ever occurring again so you might only ever have to do this once.

Message 69 of 139 (1,718 Views)

★★★ Expert

I don't want to get too far off-topic here because it's for different lots, but I am still seeing this bug in my game. This has happened to me on three different lots so far:

- the Daisy Hovel in Willow Creek

- the 702 ZenView apartment in San Myshuno (the upstairs bathroom)

- and a custom-built residential lot I created in Sulani

The problem is the same as several others have reported in this thread: my Sim enters a bathroom, does various game interactions, and is then trapped in the bathroom due to routing issues/ bugged doors. I use the "go into Build Mode and replace the door" work-around as a temp fix. In my game, it has only ever happened in a bathroom but the types of plumbing fixtures, door types (2-space vs 1-space), and the bathroom layouts were all too different to see any other pattern. It has happened on multiple occasions on each of the lots I listed but not frequent or predictable enough for me to do much in the way of testing. For all of the other lots I have ever played it has never happened at all.

Has there been anything in recent Patch notes mentioning a fix for this issue?

Message 70 of 139 (1,708 Views)