Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Routing Fails on Agave Abode

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Routing Fails while trying to leave/enter room (Agave Abode, Goth, al)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None, I have just the base game and the free content.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? So far I have only noticed this the most in Oasis Springs, in the Agave Abode lot. It pretty much happens without fail when I play that lot. So try playing that lot for a while without modifying it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim is stuck in room until I either use cheats to get the sim out or go to build / buy mode and replace the door or click on it and put it back into the same spot.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the sim go through the door and complete whatever command I have given them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here is a video of the issue: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ah7yVPS9qj32lz9JXKVX7MNEPIWr 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 139 (13,643 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Inside Single Doors for Bathroom Keep Failing or Locking

Hero

The Agave Abode washroom will no longer trap your Sim within its four walls… closing in on you, refusing to let you leave, even if you wash your hands after use…which you should do

Fixed in Patch 1.96.365/1.71

I hope this also fixes the Goth house and others. If not, please make a new thread, stating which house you have issues with.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 139 of 139 (2,180 Views)

All Replies

Re: Routing Fails When Trying To Open / Go Through Doors

Hero
@Random6890 Does it only happen on that lot or others as well ?

Is that a custom house or the premade ? Does the same house work on a different lot ?

Did you delete the localthumbcache file after removing your mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 139 (13,560 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict It's a premade Maxis house, it's Agave Abode in Oasis Springs. I've not tried moving the house or anything, but it seems to mainly occur in that house as far as I can remember. I will try playing a different house and see if I can reproduce it there.

As far as mods, I always delete the Electronic Arts folder in documents and start fresh after removing them, so yes any cache file or mod related file should be gone.
Message 3 of 139 (13,557 Views)

Hero
@Random6890 Tested this on my save and all seems fine.

Are you sure there's no locked doors ? Did you change anything about the building ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 139 (13,553 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict No the doors are not locked. And it happens with the original doors that came with the house. I've even tried to replace the doors with different doors and it works for a bit but then happens again. I have changed other parts of the house like the kitchen which now has a archway type door, but that shouldn't really matter.

I can't explain it. Sometimes it works but then randomly stops working and then my sims become stuck.

[CM Edit - Merged posts]

How long did you test / play? It's not instant they usually work when I first move in. But after playing for about 10 or 20 min, after like taking a shower in the bathroom, my sim will try to leave and the routing will fail. Sometimes it works fine.

Message 5 of 139 (13,548 Views)

Hero
@Random6890 Can you send me your save then ? I don't have time to test for that long.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 139 (13,535 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I can but I don't think it is going to do you any good. I loaded up a new game, played for about 3 min and it happened (again in the bathroom, but it also happens with the bedrooms too). So I left the sim stuck in the bathroom and saved the game. When I reloaded the save, the door worked fine so I doubt you will experience the issue with my save unless you play for a bit.

I'm not sure if that tells you anything.
Message 7 of 139 (13,517 Views)

Hero
@Random6890 Did you test if it was the lot or the house ?

Will see if I can find someone else to test.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 139 (13,511 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Tested and replicated.
The game already placed a family at Agave Abode / Oasis Springs. The lot has not been altered an any way.
I let the Sims (3 in the household) run autonomously. Played less than one Sim day and on that second day one Sim went into bathroom and could not exit.
Replaced with same Maxis lot in game library with same result.
Sim gets 'blocked' / cannot route in/out of bathroom.  The bedrooms have the same door and could use those without issue.

Base game door

Base game door no alterations

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 9 of 139 (13,500 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Routing Fails on Agave Abode

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 139 (13,477 Views)