[FIXED] Routing Fails while trying to leave/enter room (Agave Abode, Goth, al)

by Random6890

Original Post

[XB1] Sim is stuck after using bathroom

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.18.49.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? pet expansion
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim uses the bathroom then gets on its phone and refuses to do anything.
What do you expect to see? It move after using the bathroom
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sim will not move no matter what I do until I save the game, exit to the main menu and then reload the game. 

Message 21 of 139 (8,299 Views)

Re: Sim is stuck after using bathroom

Hero
@mjohnson166066 Does it only happen with this one family or generally ? Did you try a different lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 139 (8,246 Views)

Re: [XB1] Sim is stuck after using bathroom

Hero
@mjohnson166066 Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 139 (8,211 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Routing Fails on Agave Abode & Goth House

Champion

I'm seeing this issue too.

At first I noticed it at Agave Abode in Oasis Springs, but now I'm also seeing the same issue at Umbrage Manor in Willow Creek. I don't think the lot location matters, it just seems to be an issue if you have a bathroom with:

a) a two-tile wide door
b) a shower or shower tub in the bathroom
c) a toilet too

I don't think I had the issue if I had just a toilet on its own or a shower on its own. But if you have both present, then it seems to trigger.

Switching the door to a one-tile wide single door works around the bug, but I'd like to see the two-tile wide doors fixed because these lots worked properly before the recent patches which caused this bug.

Message 24 of 139 (8,443 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I've done some testing on this issue recently, and I think I may have finally figured out the problem. It's related to the size of the bathroom, the position of the affected door, and the walls next to said door.

I've attached a couple of before and after pics of Mortimer and Bella's master bathroom as an example of this. (This trick also fixed the problem in Agave Abode.)

I do use mods, but I'd like to see anyone who doesn't use mods try this. Standard smile

Message 25 of 139 (8,397 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This issue also occured in my game at the Goth's house. No one could go through the bathroom doors downstairs and upstairs (ensuite bathroom of the master bedroom). Replacing the door (with the same door out of the catalogue ) did not help: The Sims could only go through it once. Changing the door to a one tile door helped.

My impression was that using the bathroom once somehow locked the doors forever.

Message 26 of 139 (8,383 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Freechheit : Try resizing the bathroom like in my pictures and see if that helps. Standard smile

Message 27 of 139 (8,381 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@StarryMight : This workaround seems to work, thanks a lot! Standard smile
Message 28 of 139 (8,356 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Freechheit : You're very welcome! ^_^ I hope it helps other people as well.
Message 29 of 139 (8,326 Views)

★ Novice

I’ve also had issues with this property, but my sim would only do things as I commanded them to. They wouldn’t do anything else unless they had to eat, sleep, or use the bathroom. 

At the time I’m unaware of any other fix besides moving. After doing so, my sims behavior seems to be completely back to normal. 

Message 30 of 139 (8,251 Views)