Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Rotational play causes Sims to miss work

by tawret

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Rotational play causes Sims to miss work

★★★★ Novice

i play 6 families at once but switch between them every 24 sim hours.  everytime i switch to a family no one is at work or school and the red late button is flashing.   I click to send them and then a message pops up that says "should the sim stay home?"  and i always say no but it still doesnt send them and it cancels out the choice to send them so they have missed work or school.  Assuming they arent going when i'm not actively running that house either.

Message 81 of 102 (1,124 Views)

Re: [GTW] Late to Work Issue

★★ Novice

I am having this issue now 18/11/20 its been a recurring issue for a few months now so I've not been able to play, only build. Even on single sim households my attempt to send them to work is ignored. 

Message 82 of 102 (1,046 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hardly surprising this bug is over 5 years old, but I've noticed it's got a lot worse, even if I playing the household, if I send another to a different lot then when it's time for them to go to work, the inactive sim just misses work.

Message 83 of 102 (1,004 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is still an issue in July 2021 - how has this not been solved in 5 years? Why is it so hard to send them to work even if they aren't being played that particular day? It should be as easy as them not being at home when I load the house and showing up when it's time for them to get home.

Message 84 of 102 (789 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
I thought it was by design, but maybe not? I pressed "Me too" just in case, because I have the same problem.
Message 85 of 102 (775 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I assumed it was by design.  I usually switch households between Saturday and Sunday at midnight (unless I have a mixologist or special ops person and then it's at 2am) and play each household for a week.

Message 86 of 102 (749 Views)

I can’t play multiple households because the inactive sims wont go to school/wor

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, get together, city living, cats and dogs, seasons, island living, discover university, outdoor retreat, spa day, vampires, parenthood,cool kitchen stuff, spooky stuff, kids room stuff, backyard stuff, vintage glamour stuff, bowling night stuff,tiny living stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play multiple hosueholds and switch between them
What happens when the bug occurs? When I switch between households the sims wont be at work/school and be very late, this affects their performance and they get bad grades and never get promoted
What do you expect to see? When i switch households during work and school hours the sims will actually be there and not at home
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So I have been playing with a family but now their oldest kid aged up to a young adult and went to college so I thought I would just switch between him and the rest of the family. But now I just dont know what to do because for example I was playing with the sim thats at college and the time was 1 pm (in game ofc). I then switched to the other family at maybe 2pm. All of the family members have school and work at that time but when I loaded up the family they were all at home and super late for work/school. This made their grades drop and the parents work performance go down. I think the game unplayable if this keeps happening because i dont want to play with just one household at a time

Please let me know if theres any fixes for this or any mods I can download that prevents this from happening Frown

Message 87 of 102 (786 Views)

Re: I can’t play multiple households because the inactive sims wont go to school

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I play rotationally in several saves, too, and I figured that's Just How It Is.  I usually switch households on Sunday at 1am or so and play each household for a week to get around this. 

There's also a thread here that University students don't progress at all when you're not playing them and they might flunk out, so you might have to commit to playing your student for 3 weeks.  I usually make my students live at home, which is admittedly not the full University Experience, because of this. 

Edit:  The thread is here:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-DU-Rotational-gameplay-is-impossible-for-Universit...

Message 88 of 102 (759 Views)

Re: I can’t play multiple households because the inactive sims wont go to school

Champion
@Prippla23 I just always save the game at 6am. It's safe to switch then because no sims are usually working or at school, so I never have any issues.

For university students, I make sure the term is completed and then switch while they are in-between terms, so that they don't progress without me actively controlling them.
Message 89 of 102 (749 Views)

★ Novice

Ok thank you! That kinda sucks but I think I can make it work

Message 90 of 102 (718 Views)