Re: Late to Work Issue

by adduapina

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Rotational play causes Sims to miss work

★★★ Newbie

When you apply for a job, and the "you have now been hired congrats thing shows up, Mine doesn't have any text and its just a blank screen. When work hour comes, they don't go, and when I click  "go to work", no go to work action pops up. This is so annoying because the only job that seems to work is the hard labor job. I'm very upset.

Message 71 of 102 (1,306 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am having this issue as well... PC. Kids and teens are also not going to school.

Message 72 of 102 (1,256 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

It makes me sad that this has been an issue since 2015 and rotational play still doesn't work properly :/

Message 73 of 102 (1,199 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm adding myself to this thread also. Rotational player here. When loading a lot where one or more of the Sims' scheduled career start time has passed, then show as late for work and continue to do stuff around the lot and do not acknowledge that they need to go to work or that they are late. I have to manually send them to work. Wow, issue since 2015? Crazy!

Message 74 of 102 (1,100 Views)

Sims 4 Characters Won't go to Work/School if Not Playing That Household

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? For Expansions I have: Sims University, island living, Get Famous, Cat's & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to work Game Packs: Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day Stuff Packs: Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, My First Pet Stuff, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff. Free Stuff: Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a family with jobs/careers then switch over to another house hold to play for a while. Go back to the original house and the sims will be late for work or school.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims won't go to work/school when you aren't playing them. So you constantly have to switch between house holds, unable to get comfortable with one. They will take care of themselves but they just won't go to work/school by themselves.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to go back to any house hold without worrying about them losing their jobs/career and the kids should go to school on time. Not have all the work bars be covered in red.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. With the most update to version 1.66.139.1020 is when I started to notice this bug.

Both me and my friend are having an issue with our sims 4 game where the characters will not go to work/school if you aren't activity playing them. We've had these issues the past few days and haven't found any thing talking about how to fix this we I'm guess this is a new bug.

Message 75 of 102 (1,047 Views)

Sims won't go to work/school if household isn't being played?

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Backyard, Romantic Garden, Cool Kitchen, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have two or more households.
What happens when the bug occurs? The households that I'm not playing at that moment will not go to work or school and will leave work/school as soon as I switch to a different household.
What do you expect to see? My households should attend work/school on time and stay there until work/school is over even if I'm not currently playing that household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Households won't go to work or school by themselves if i'm not playing that household. They will also leave work/school as soon as i switch to a different household.

Message 76 of 102 (1,045 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Same here. If I switch to another household while they should be at work, they are at home instead sitting in front of the computer or tv. Kids and teens are missing school. Quite disappointing it's been around for so long and still not fixed.

Message 77 of 102 (1,035 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@adduapinathat was literally my response just now when I found out it's been reported years ago. My sims don't go to work/school because of this issue and one of my sims was suspended from university, probably didn't go to class at all. Very, very disappointing that such old bugs are NOT addressed and fixed while they keep putting out new stuff, which actually causes more bugs. (since my last 3 packs, I've had nothing but bugs; get together, fitness pack and outdoor retreat). Very disappointed to be honest Frown

Question: does this issue also relate to kids/teens not doing HOMEWORK? Because I just found one of my kids was very late for school and actually her performance is now "poor" Frown

In case this topic still needs input, I think @burin077  summed it up perfectly on page 2 of this thread (back in 2015!!!):

- Issue triggers reliably when accessing a lot where one of the sims has a job during the time the last time the game was saved/changed lots. (For example, if you change lots and it's 4:00 PM, and on the new lot you have someone who works from 2 PM - 9 PM, they will be considered late and will suffer a work performance penalty.)

- The issue does NOT occur if the lot is access RIGHT UPON the time that the Sim must work, merely signaling that they need to go to work, meaning you will have to select the sim and select "Go to Work."

- The issue does not trigger if it is not during their work hours, or on a day off.

The next part for me to test would be if I left a sim on a career lot, if that would affect them. That would be an interesting result.

Message 78 of 102 (969 Views)

★★ Apprentice

5 years later, and our Sims STILL don't go to work or school during rotational play. Ah but we have knitting, and star bores... sigh.

Message 79 of 102 (948 Views)

★ Guide

Yes very frustrating. I find that it is careers (including school). Its also frustrating also when you have parenthood installed and the students lose responsibility even if you send them to school right when you join the game play for that family again.

Message 80 of 102 (918 Views)