Inactive Sims not attending work/school

by sjmilay

Original Post

Re: [FEEDBACK] Rotational play causes Sims to miss work

Hero

You mean when you don't play them or while you play them ?

This issue is about the Sims not being at work when you switch back to them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 102 (2,257 Views)

★★ Apprentice

this is still happening as of 2/22/19. i have a game with three households, and every time i switch to one durring work hours, the sims are outside and missing work. this started happening after the recent patch.

Message 52 of 102 (2,132 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Added myself to the Me Too list. It's always been the case for me since I got the game 2 months ago. I have to stay a few days and play the household to get performance back up before switching and try to remember to switch at 6am or so. Even then, everyone is always awake and energy bars aren't always full first thing in the morning.

My later shift workers will occasionally accept those 3am dates (why is this a thing?) and come home to find roommates awake and without enough energy to make it through their days. (edit: this last part might not be related, but the problem of the whole house being awake at the time of the switch seems to be related to the problem of wakefulness/energy needs when taking one household member traveling at night. Everyone is always awake at household switch or bringing a single Sim home at night, even if I've sent the other Sims to bed before leaving).

Message 53 of 102 (2,121 Views)

Inactive Sims not attending work/school

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?

1. Have multiple played households with sims who attend scheduled jobs or go to school

2. Manage Household A while Household B is left to care for themselves

3. Revisit Household B during the sims' scheduled job/school hours and notice that they are marked as "late for work" because they never went in the first place.
What happens when the bug occurs? I rotate and play multiple households regularly, and sims that I'm not currently managing don't go to work/school like they're supposed to. When I revisit a household, the sims are notified that they are late for work and school, but they never went in the first place (because I wasn't there to manually make them go). They are always around the house doing other activities. Their performance levels get damaged and it's extremely frustrating.
What do you expect to see? When rotating through households, I expect that the ones I am not currently managing would continue their regular schedules of going to work/school in order to keep their performance levels up while I am not able to attend to them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 54 of 102 (1,991 Views)

Re: Inactive Sims not attending work/school

★ Novice

June 27, 2019. Same issue, and it's really, really obnoxious. Is there any way to fix this? Makes it impossible to focus on anything but one family.

Message 55 of 102 (1,947 Views)

Re: Inactive Sims not attending work/school

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Chiming in because this continues to be an issue for me.  I play a largish rotational game, and can't remember whose job starts/stops when.  I have to stop playing &/or switch households around 4-5 am simtime or sims with night-hour jobs (bartender, criminal) are forced home too early, teens in the barista job miss work, or kids/9-to-5ers miss school or work.  This means I sometimes stop playing earlier than I would have, because I don't have enough time to play through a full simday so I can stop at exactly the right simhour.  I remember a time when I could stop playing whenever I wished, switch households whenever I wished, & sims would stay at school/work (or instantly return if they briefly showed outside the homelot).  It's been months/years since it worked as intended. ( --oh, iirc the simkids tend to lose grade-levels while I'm playing other households, but there's such a large timegap between my 'visits' that I can't say for certain, nor, if this is correct, am I sure it's a connected issue.  eta:  I see others are experiencing grade-loss also.)

Message 56 of 102 (1,908 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Rotational play causes Sims to miss work

★★★★ Pro

It’s like this for me too, but it seems like they don’t loose performance (knocks on wood). For me the problem is more of a monetary type. They don’t go to work when I don’t play them, so they don’t get any money, but they still get bills. I played with a family just the other day, and they are not very high in their career tracks, so their salary is quite low, the thing was that they hadn’t got paid for work at all, and when I started to play them they had a bill of 64,000 simoleons.

Message 57 of 102 (1,774 Views)

Sims not going to work/ school or looking after pets unless on that family.

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs City Living Get Famous Get to Work Get together Seasons Outdoor Retreat Parenthood Spa Day Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a family Play it (give them jobs and send children to school) Create a different family and do they same thing When you go back to play you’re other family if they should be at work or school they won’t be and any pets will be ill. Or if you see your other families around the work whilst playing a different family you can see the pets are ill and dirty.
What happens when the bug occurs? Any families in the world that I have created, when I’m not playing them and using a new family, the people won’t go to work/ school and pets will be ill when I come back. They don’t see to look after themselves, their jobs or their pets unless I’m playing them Which can be annoying as it’s hard to build a world of many different families if they don’t work when I’m not there.
What do you expect to see? I expect people to carry on going to jobs, school and caring for pets (e.g. feeding, washing and taking to vets) when I’m not on that specific family (playing a different family in same world)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I haven’t taken any screenshots of it happening. I can do so if you need. 

or I’ve seen the same things occur with some youtubers who have many different families  I could find a link to a video for example or you could have a look

thank you. 

Message 58 of 102 (1,731 Views)

Re: Sims not going to work/ school or looking after pets unless on that family.

Hero
@tiggysims I merged your post with existing thread on this.

For the pets see this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-CD-Pets-needs-are-not-filled-while-playing-another/td-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 59 of 102 (1,709 Views)

Re: Sims not going to work/ school or looking after pets unless on that family.

★★★ Novice

Any update on this?

Same issues as everyone else, except no pets expansion. 

Happy Holidays

Message 60 of 102 (1,660 Views)