Re: Late to Work Issue

by burin077

Original Post

Sims 4 Managing Worlds Bug

★★★ Newbie

The sims wont go to work or school when you switch households in manage worlds.I have noticed when I switch households in managing worlds that the sims will all be put in front of the house even if they are supposed to be at work or school.  Please fix this because it puts a damper on the game.  It should be that the sims will just be where they should be when I switch.  

Message 10 of 102 (5,178 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Haven't remembered to get a screenshot, but a few observations:

- Issue triggers reliably when accessing a lot where one of the sims has a job during the time the last time the game was saved/changed lots. (For example, if you change lots and it's 4:00 PM, and on the new lot you have someone who works from 2 PM - 9 PM, they will be considered late and will suffer a work performance penalty.)

- The issue does NOT occur if the lot is access RIGHT UPON the time that the Sim must work, merely signaling that they need to go to work, meaning you will have to select the sim and select "Go to Work."

- The issue does not trigger if it is not during their work hours, or on a day off.

The next part for me to test would be if I left a sim on a career lot, if that would affect them. That would be an interesting result.

- B

Message 11 of 102 (3,997 Views)

★★★ Pro

Can you please merge?  This issue is the same issue in this thread:  http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Loading-House-During-Sims-Work-Hours-Causes-Sim-to-L...

Message 12 of 102 (3,969 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Merged this

Is this actually still occurring ? I have switched households once to test this and didn't have the issue but it could have been a coincidence

While they still do stand in front of the house if they are not at work, the ones that were, still were at work.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 102 (3,959 Views)

★★★ Pro

This is still an issue.

Message 14 of 102 (3,952 Views)

★ Guide

Yes this is still an issue.

Message 15 of 102 (3,937 Views)

Confirming that it's still an issue for me.

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 16 of 102 (3,928 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Rotational play causes Sims to no longer be at work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Still occurring as of the February 2016 patch.

• When loading houses Sims who are supposed to be at work/school during the set hours are standing in front of the house and lose work performance because they are late
  • Sims who are on a community lot while inactive/away don't automatically go to work/school and end up being late unless you switch to them and manually make them go.
  • Sims still run down the street to work/school causing them to be late.  The workaround doesn't always work.
  • Sims lose the option to be brought from inactive lots to the active lot during work/school hours.  This causes the Sim to be late to work or school unless you manually go to the lot and make them go.  This rarely happens when you are playing a Sim in an active career and their spouse has to go to work.
Message 17 of 102 (3,903 Views)

Always late for work

★★ Novice

In the Sims 4 I play with multiple households en let life continue, so they are getting older even though I do not play with the household. I've noticed that if I want to play with another household, instead of the one I last played with, there's always a sim late for work. Can you guys create an update which makes sure the sim will go to work by its own? So when I play with another household at let's say wednesday 22:23, my sim is off to work when he has to. 

Message 18 of 102 (3,903 Views)

Re: Always late for work

★★★★ Novice

I play a single household, but whenever my Sims are at work or school and i log off (after saving, of course) or go to manage world. On retunrning the sims are at home and it is as if they have finished work/school. They have not made progress in performance, because they have not been at work or school long enough. I am unable to send them back to work or school.

I am not using any mods or CC

This issue started after the last patch and/ot the installation of Romantic Garden stuff pack. Not sure after which one it started, but was after one of these two.

I prefer to save and log off when it suits me best, instead of having to wait for them to be home from work/school.

I have added a screenshot where the adult left for work at 9 am and should be working untill 12.00 am. The child should still be in school until 3pm, but as you can see in the screenshot, both are in front of the home lot at 9.53 am (just after I logged in again).

Message 19 of 102 (3,876 Views)