by burin077

Original Post

[OPEN] Rotational play causes Sims to miss work

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine Out GP, Backyard SP, Cool Kitchen SP, Fitness SP, Movie Hangout SP.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play different households of employed Sims.
What happens when the bug occurs? switching between them during any of their work hours will show them as missing work.
What do you expect to see? all of them being a work regardless of the time/hour when switching.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

i made this because i couldn't find one with the new format. i'm sorry if i missed it.

the issue is still the same. leave an employed Sim at home or at any community lot. change households, and play for a while. switch again. when you get back to the first Sim and it happens to be during their work hours, they will either be at home if you left them there, or at the community lot if you left them there instead. -> if this is the case, they need to go home first, and go to work from there.

in both situations, they will be shown as being late for/missing work.

let me know if i forgot anything!

Message 34 of 102 (20,715 Views)

[OPEN] Rotational play causes Sims to no longer be at work

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi,

I think this is the most annoying bug for a household rotational players, like me.

After switching to a household and if any of the sims have to work within that period of sim time,they will be late for school/ work.

This will cause a huge performance loss and it's a pain to rebuild back the performance.

The only turnaround is to prevent household switching during their working hours (preferably 6am)

Unlike previously, if the switching was done during their working hours, they may not need to go to work and no performance loss too. 

Message 1 of 102 (22,596 Views)

Re: [GTW] Late to Work Issue

[ Edited ]
Hero

I take it that is for all of the careers and not just the active ones ? Did this occur with patch only too ? Do you know that ?

@Hamsysincy 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 102 (22,573 Views)

★ Guide

Yes. It happens on both new careers and old careers.

I am not sure if it occurs after patch or after GTW expansion because i immediately installed GTW after the latest patch.

Also, i am not using mods.

Message 3 of 102 (22,566 Views)

Hero

Added to patch issues. Since it's not limited to the new careers it's probably a patch and not a GTW issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 102 (22,553 Views)

Loading House During Sims Work Hours Causes Sim to Leave Work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

When I load a household of sims and it happens to be during the their work or school hours, they all appear in front of the house and lose work and school performance.  I have to manually send them back to work or school.

Message 5 of 102 (22,532 Views)

Re: Loading House During Sims Work Hours Causes Sim to Leave Work

Hero

After switching families or always ?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Sims-standing-on-driveway-after-loading-household-si...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 102 (22,522 Views)

★★★ Pro

This occurs only after switching families.  Also, it only occurs when they are at work or school.

Message 7 of 102 (22,505 Views)

Hero

Added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 102 (22,488 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Late to Work Issue

★★★★★ Guide

Just a follow-up here, this issue is still occurring as of 9/8/15.

I will provide screenshots of this issue occurring next I change played lots...I'm currently expecting a new sim to be born on this lot.

- B

Message 9 of 102 (22,501 Views)