by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Roofs can't be placed in enclosed rooms

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With The Sims 3 camera on, look at the wall of a build and try placing a roof on the second floor. The roof will look good to go until you click it and you get informed "Roofs can't be placed in enclosed rooms".
What happens when the bug occurs? A message pops up saying: "Roofs can't be placed in enclosed rooms". While it's on top of a room.
What do you expect to see? I think a roof on top of the room.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

112.png

11.png

111.png  

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 18 of 42 (31,760 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Roofs can't be placed in enclosed rooms

Hero

Attempting to place a room while using the Sims 3 Camera Mode should no longer inform players that "Roofs can't be placed in enclosed rooms."

Fixed in Patch 1.56.52

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 38 of 42 (27,667 Views)

All Replies

Roofs can’t be placed in enclosed rooms

★★★ Newbie

I’m having a hard time in build mode right now. Every time I have a room that is ready for a roof it always says “roofs can’t be placed in enclosed rooms”. I’m not sure what that means but can someone help me figure this out! Standard smile))

Message 1 of 42 (31,973 Views)

Re: Roofs can’t be placed in enclosed rooms

@gracethesimmer81

Are you trying to place the roof within the room without realising? Go up a level and see if you can then place the roof.

Screenshot 2019-01-13 at 16.01.11.png

I'm moving this to the general game info forum as it's not a Mac specific query Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 42 (31,944 Views)

HELP! Can’t build roof or second floor

★★ Novice

I pretty experienced at building in Sims 3, but I can’t figure out Sims 4. My roofs either say “ roofs can’t be place in enclosed room” or place the roof on the foundation. It would even recognize that I’m trying to add a second story to a room. Yes I have pages up. I have removed the ceiling and added a ceiling. I don’t know what else to try. HELP!!!!

Message 3 of 42 (31,951 Views)

Re: HELP! Can’t build roof or second floor

★★ Novice

Here are photos of the roof issues

Message 4 of 42 (31,945 Views)

Re: HELP! Can’t build roof or second floor

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@KatyAnn623
Place one wall and move it to create a room. Now you can cover this room with a roof.
Recently, the game has trouble recognizing the four walls as a room if you built such a room slowly.

Remember that you must turn on the second floor mode. On the right top you have arrows for it 
I don't work for EA 

Message 5 of 42 (31,921 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@gracethesimmer81
Recently, the game can't recognize the four walls as a room. Not always but often. What you need to do is - put only one wall and move it to create a room.
I don't work for EA
Message 6 of 42 (31,897 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@kreatora Good point! I have also been noticing some of this recently. I thought it was something I hadn't noticed before or something. Yes, I have noticed that dragging a wall to complete the room instead can sometimes work (as you mentioned). I would recommend confirming that the room is seen as a room by the fact that it created a floor automatically after the walls were done, and going up a level and checking that your ceiling self-created. You can also click on the wall and see if it shows it all as one unit or as individual walls for any/all walls. Please confirm that the grid is there when going up a level and that the roof can be added onto the grid &/or ceiling.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 7 of 42 (31,874 Views)

@gracethesimmer81

Did you manage to resolve this issue? Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 8 of 42 (31,821 Views)

★★ Novice

The issue isn't resolved. I'm having the exact same issue. When selected, it shows the rooms as rooms with a ceiling. I'm able to save them as rooms and everything. The grid is also visible. I have no cc or mods. I'm getting really frustrated bc I want to play my game Frown

Message 9 of 42 (31,731 Views)