[OPEN] Roof prevents sim routing to flat (on adjusted terrain)

by phirehero

Original Post

[OPEN] Roof prevents sim routing to flat (on adjusted terrain)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP, GP, and SPs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? See the video in the description below When you have a 2nd level room, attach a stair to it from the ground, and then place a roof on top of it (think of a floating gazebo of sorts), sims aren't able to walk under it
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are unable to access areas under the described
What do you expect to see? Sims should be able to walk underneath the roofs
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Happened when the split level rooms and foundation updates came out in November (this wasn't possible before that)

Here is a link to the video of this happening: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mMl2ApekhMdBMB8UCN4WbtpJlj6RPWc7

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 3 (928 Views)

Re: Sims can't walk under roofs when going from ground level to 2nd floor

Hero (Retired)

I was able to reproduce this issue in my game.  It can happen with any roof type when you adjust the roof height down.  Will add to our list.

Message 2 of 3 (878 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Roof prevents sim routing to flat (on adjusted terrain)

★★★ Guide

Thanks for that video, it helped explain the issues I was having down to the exact problems and solutions. I was pulling my hair out with this bug until i finally realised it was the roof and not the fences that were the issue.

Message 3 of 3 (763 Views)