by marianlarsen

Original Post

[OPEN] Roof clipping through walls

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except My First Pet stuff and Eco Lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a house with at least two floors, make the upper floor smaller than the bottom floor, place roof on top of bottom floor.
What happens when the bug occurs? The roof conflictes with the interior on the upper floor, and I’m not able to place furniture or decoration on that part of the upper floor.
What do you expect to see? Being able to furnish and decorate the upper floor without it conflicting with the roof.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Either one of these patches: Update 06/03/2020 OR Update 6/10/2020.

Screenshot: https://preview.redd.it/hgmq6dgpro651.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=ba623e4e6052e80c9d04e317... 

I have tried deleting the roof and replacing it, but it didn’t help.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 31 (8,516 Views)

Re: Roof clipping through walls

@marianlarsen 

The roofing tool is extremely versatile when using multiple sections and not just one or two large sections. Why is the roof stretched all the way through the rooms? Why does it not stop as shown in the red box here:

Screenshot 2020-06-25 at 10.37.36.png

Have you tried the half hipped or half gabled roof instead?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 31 (8,413 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
@Bluebellflora I used three sections of roof, two eight-edged ones on both ends and a half gable in the middle. I’ll take new screenshots to show a better angle.
Message 3 of 31 (8,392 Views)

★★ Guide

@Bluebellflora I took a few new screenshots.

Like I said in my previous reply, I used three sections of roof. Two eight-edged on both ends and a half gable in the middle. I tried using the diagonal half hipped roof on the edges, but it didn't look good and gave me the same problem, it clipps through the walls.

Message 4 of 31 (8,386 Views)

@marianlarsen

Thanks. Can you upload it so I can play around with it? There have been issues with hexagonal and octagonal roofs and I wonder if this could be one of those issues.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 31 (8,365 Views)

★★ Guide
@Bluebellflora I uploaded the lot to the gallery, my ID is marianlarsen. It’s called «Twin Oracle Point».
Message 6 of 31 (8,340 Views)

Hero

@marianlarsen @Bluebellflora 

I downloaded your lot and tested it.  It seems that the issue is with using full roofs in that situation.  I  tried various things and none of the full roofs would work.  I tried with a full hip roof and it did the same thing as the octagonal one.  The only roofs that seemed to work without causing an issue are the half roofs so I suggest you try a half hip roof for the lower area.  It doesn't look as good but it will work.

Hope this helps.

Message 7 of 31 (8,312 Views)

★★ Guide
@CGrant56 Thank you
Message 8 of 31 (8,304 Views)

Hero

@marianlarsen @Bluebellflora 

Been working with this a little more and found a way that it can work.

What happened is when you tried to get rid of the 2 tiles inside the fence at the stairs, you created a new room.  And it is that room is what is causing the problem.

The way I got it to work was move the stairs outside.  Delete all the fences around the stair opening.  Then select the big room upstairs and move the invisible wall back to exterior wall which will close up the hole where the stairs were.  Then put the stairs back in the original location.  And redraw the fencing like I show in the pic.

06-26-20_2-43-09 PM.png

Message 9 of 31 (8,271 Views)

★★ Guide

@CGrant56 Thank you.

Do you know what to do with this part of the roof? (see added screenshot)

I've tried using the custom room-tool to re-trace the walls of the room, but it still doesn't disappear.

Message 10 of 31 (8,218 Views)