Romantic interest between teenage Sim and celebrity Sim

by koba_sue

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] Romantic interest for everyone in group conversations

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I've experienced this problem recently as well. The intended recipient of the flirtatious interactions was Miko Ojo. Akira Kibo and Penny Pizzazz were sitting at the picnic table as well and were part of the conversation. Despite the fact that my Sim was ONLY flirting with Miko, I discovered later that Akira and Penny were ALSO considered romantic interests. I can't really send a save, seeing as I got the romance bar to go away on both of them by asking to just be friends, but I figured you all might want to know that it isn't an isolated issue. I actually considered making a thread about this myself until I found this one.

Message 11 of 25 (1,173 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Romantic interest for everyone in group conversations

★★★★ Guide
The Make a Flirtatious Joke while in a group always causes the entire group to start getting romantically involved with the jokester; I thought this was always by design? It's why I avoided using that joke in the Funny category while in a conversation with more than just the intended one sim.
Message 12 of 25 (1,137 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Romantic interest for everyone in group conversations

★ Novice

My mom and I are also having similar issues. 

My mom's sim was in a conversation with his daughter and another girl, and used a flirtatious joke on the girl. It gave him a romance bar with both the girl and his daughter! This doesn't happen in my file, but in both of our games we also have the problem where every time there's a group conversation, and two sims flirt with each other, everyone else in the conversation gets the "Titillating Banter" moodlet, but so far no romance bar with that. We've been trying to figure out what's going on and what to do, and I'm glad to see we're not the only one with this kind of problem. I thought posting here might get us some help with this.

Message 13 of 25 (1,078 Views)

Romantic interest between teenage Sim and celebrity Sim

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let your teenage Sim admire a celebrity Sim (Megastar).
What happens when the bug occurs? An adult celebrity Sim (Megastar) and female teenager Sim developed an romantic interest.
What do you expect to see? That they are not developing an romantic interest.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello!

My female teenage Sim daughter and an adult celebrity (Megastar) have developed a romantic interest. Never saw this before in the game.
And by the way: The life goal of the teenage Sim is that she wants to be famous, too.

Message 14 of 25 (1,057 Views)

Re: Romantic interest between teenage Sim and celebrity Sim

Hero
There is a known issue if they are in a group conversation where flirtatious jokes are being told.

Could that be the cause or was it just by admiring ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 25 (1,049 Views)

★ Guide

Actually I am not sure about that! But it could be as you say. I saw a flying heart when my teenager Sim talked to the celebrity and was surprised. Maybe it was from another Sim. I recognized the romantic interest later on and when the two Sims met again.

Message 16 of 25 (1,027 Views)

Hero
This is the current thread on the other issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Romantic-interest-for-everyone-in-group-conversations/m-p...

If it's ok with you, I'll merge those for now until proven otherwise.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 25 (1,014 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Thank you for the link!
And yes of course! (^-^)

But the strange thing is that the Sims are not both grown ups.

Message 18 of 25 (1,011 Views)

Hero
Yeah, even children are affected as far as I know. There's no age check.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 25 (1,005 Views)

★★ Novice

Just an FYI as I know this post Ian over a year old. The issue doesn't happen with only just group conversations . I've replicated the bug three times in one on dialog between a male teen and young adult/adult celebrity admire interaction as well as imply attraction dialog seems to bug the celebrity into a romantic interest with the teen as well and I doubt this is working as intended...

Message 20 of 25 (904 Views)